cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Coronavirus Affected your Travels?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Has the Coronavirus Affected your Travels?

If you guys haven't heard, they just issue a level 4 travel advisory. everyone must returned back to the states now or never. I think domestic flight is coming soon,  I would wait until everything is over to feel safe to travel again.

Nationally Recognized

@Twoblue wrote:

I am also surprised at how bad the situation has become. I was hopeful that I'd be able to take my trip in April, but now it has officially been pushed back to September. I hope things have cleared up by then so I can return to Bhutan and complete the trip I've spent months planning. 

Hope it works out. As are most of us. Just taking it day by day and hope everyone's doing what they're supposed to.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

We abandoned our plans to fly to Turkey mid-April for a workaway, and later to Italy and Ireland during the last few days. We had round trip non-stop flights to Istanbul from Atlanta on Turkish Air, and for the last couple of weeks they had gone from a no change policy, to allowing changes for $200 change fee & fare difference, to no change fee, and finally yesterday, Turkish cancelled all flights WORLDWIDE, except for 5 cities, Addis Ababa, Hong Kong, Moscow, New York & Washington Dulles. So we were able to file for full refund, which they state will take over 45 days (no indication of now much "over" means) due to the flood of cancellations. Luckily we had only bought air from Italy to Ireland on Ryanair in addition to the trans-Atlantic, and since those flights are not until end of May, it'll be a while before Ryanair deals with that. But our hotels were cancellable, and no other costs to be eaten, so we're lucky, just bummed at our exciting plans coming to a halt. But with the way things are going, a cancelled trip might be the least of our problems right now. Good luck to all, and please stay at home if it is humanely possible. My daughter is a front line nurse in an ICU in Seattle, and it's pretty horrible what she's seeing. We're worried sick about her and her coworkers of course, but they refuse to leave the front lines to try to do what they can for the patients and to support the other nurses and staff who are in this horrible situation. The main thing the nurses are asking for is not meals, or home-made masks, or well wishes, but for everyone to heed the warnings, and STAY AT HOME to try to lessen the death and tragedy that is happening RIGHT NOW. Well wishes everyone, we'll get through this together!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi everyone:

I just posted an update from Barclays for cardmembers. Want to make sure you all see it.  

https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Travel/COVID-19-We-re-here-to-help/td-p/2699144

Hope everyone is staying healthy & safe!

Kim

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

@Ed4000 wrote:

We abandoned our plans to fly to Turkey mid-April for a workaway, and later to Italy and Ireland during the last few days. We had round trip non-stop flights to Istanbul from Atlanta on Turkish Air, and for the last couple of weeks they had gone from a no change policy, to allowing changes for $200 change fee & fare difference, to no change fee, and finally yesterday, Turkish cancelled all flights WORLDWIDE, except for 5 cities, Addis Ababa, Hong Kong, Moscow, New York & Washington Dulles. So we were able to file for full refund, which they state will take over 45 days (no indication of now much "over" means) due to the flood of cancellations. Luckily we had only bought air from Italy to Ireland on Ryanair in addition to the trans-Atlantic, and since those flights are not until end of May, it'll be a while before Ryanair deals with that. But our hotels were cancellable, and no other costs to be eaten, so we're lucky, just bummed at our exciting plans coming to a halt. But with the way things are going, a cancelled trip might be the least of our problems right now. Good luck to all, and please stay at home if it is humanely possible. My daughter is a front line nurse in an ICU in Seattle, and it's pretty horrible what she's seeing. We're worried sick about her and her coworkers of course, but they refuse to leave the front lines to try to do what they can for the patients and to support the other nurses and staff who are in this horrible situation. The main thing the nurses are asking for is not meals, or home-made masks, or well wishes, but for everyone to heed the warnings, and STAY AT HOME to try to lessen the death and tragedy that is happening RIGHT NOW. Well wishes everyone, we'll get through this together!

Good that you were able to file for refund. Hope it works out. Do follow up with us here and let us know what "over" turns out to be. =)

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Well said Ed! Hope your daughter and ALL our front line people can be safe! 

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Well, as I expected, our trip to Barcelona and Morocco for July is over. TAP airlines cancelled our flights but is giving us travel vouchers for the full price of our tickets that are good for 2 years. So not a total loss. Life will go on. Be safe all!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Sorry your trip plans were ended, but that's decent on the part of TAP with 2 years to use the tickets. That way they keep your money, and you have plenty of time to use them. Helps both parties. Turkish Airlines would only offer vouchers good through Feb '21 which I thought was not helpful enough to go that route since we wanted to go in the spring. So we just opted for the refund.

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

So TAP Air just send me a notice that the travel vouchers I got for my cancelled flights got a 20% bump in value. While that's nice, my assumption is that travel prices are about to go up 20% for the following year. Glad they're good for 2 years. Might be that long before I get to travel again. LOL.