cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has the Coronavirus Affected your Travels?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Has the Coronavirus Affected your Travels?

HaHaHa!  Ed, we'll get to the southeast sometime.  This cancellation took the wind out of my sails.  We are supposed to be on our flight to Tokyo right now.  😭. We have to figure out where we can use our airfare credit soon so my wife can request the time off.  

Internationally Known

That stinks having to cancel your trip. I'm pretty adventurous, but I can't imagine getting on a cruise ship in Asia now. I'm not so worried about getting sick as being forcibly quarantined somewhere for weeks on end.

I'm glad I got my big Asia trip out of the way in November. But I had the Himalayas between me and China anyway

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Oh no! I'm so sorry to read about your canceled travels @gefe57.

i haven't looked at the discussion board in a while so getting the news late. Now I feel like a butt for rolling out Tokyo stories.

I'm so sorry!!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

HaHaHa!  Zle1016, No worries.  I was looking at your stories and thinking, "What would we be doing in Tokyo today?"  Next time we plan our for our first trip to Japan we will not tie it into a cruise.  I would like to take maybe three weeks and visit many more cities.  I showed my wife your picture near Shinjuku Station because that's close to where we were going to stay, Hilton Tokyo in Shinjuku.  It'll happen but not until everything is better in that region.  Now we have to plan a trip for later this year.  Looking forward to seeing more about Tokyo.  

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

I was just reading about the Diamond Princess Cruise quarantined and docked in Japan too. I couldn't imagine being stuck in a cruise cabin for days (unless I was in a balcony suite overlooking the ocean side maybe). Flashbacks to our Carnival Cruise cabin with its itty-bitty window. Torture! I wonder if they were allowed to use the regular ship amenities while they waited. Probably not. *Gasp*

well, I hope your trip later this year is awesome. @bottecilli had some amazing stories that's itching to get me out to Vancouver soon.

And fingers crossed you make it out to Japan in the near future. Your wife is going to love the shopping there :)

Highlighted
Internationally Known

We are headed to Vancouver the end of July for my wife's birthday.  Flying into Seattle and driving up to Vancouver in a rental car.  

japan may have to wait a couple years now.  My wife loves shopping anywhere.  HaHaHa!  We are exploring a couple options for our trip hopefully in October if my wife can get off work.  We are leaning towards a 9 night Greek Isle cruise out of Rome.  We'll see what happens.  Sorry, not a Carnival fan, with them we were one and done.  Regardless of the cruise line I wouldn't want to be quarantined on a ship especially if you were restricted to your room.  My brother-in-law said he saw a clip of the people on the Princess Diamond partying so maybe the aren't restricted to their rooms.  I'll have to check that out.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I'm so sorry to hear that your trip is cancelled!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

yeah, that sucks. I just canceled my Japan trip as well :(

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Sorry to hear that CNY_Travels.  We were and still are disappointed but we'll get over it.  We are supposed to be traveling to Mt Fuji tomorrow.  😭

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Oh no! I'm late to this thread, but so sorry to hear about this! How very disappointing.