cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences with Fareboom?

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Experiences with Fareboom?

I've noticed that fareboom is the cheapest for some flights I am looking into, but I've never booked through them. Anyone booked through them before? 

11 Replies
Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Experiences with Fareboom?

I am also interested to know!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I had never even heard of this, but I'll definitely look into it now!

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

I've seen mixed reviews, so I'm nervous, but they are quite a bit cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. (By $150+). Typically I search flights through Skyscanner and book directly through the airline/trusted site, as the prices are the same or similar. This time, however it's not the case. I've checked other dates options as well, because we are flexible, and the cheapest are always fareboom by quite a bit. I'd definitely feel better about it if I had some trustworthy feedback. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

HAven't heard of Fareboom before.  I'll have to check it out.  I have usually checked GoogleFlights and then book through the airline site.

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Directly through the airline seems to be quite a bit more. I have seen prices between $375 and $450 round trip on fareboom (multi city Chicago to Milan, Rome to Chicago). When I checked the airlines sites, the cheapest I saw was $650ish. However most of the ones via Skyscanner (and subsequently Fareboom) have legs with multiple airlines. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I'm wary of the price difference.  I am not a fan of Basic Economy so I would have to make sure I didn't book it at such a low price and then find out I'm stuck with Basic Economy tickets.  The cheapest ticket prices I have found on these sites are for Basic Economy.  

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

I am fine with Basic Economy. We only travel with carry on and backpacks anyway so we don't need the checked bags. So I usually just book the cheapest and pay to select seats to make sure we are next to each other. Just seeing such a big price difference makes me nervous. 
We have considered leaving a few days earlier and flying into Munich, out of Rome, which I can find for around $387 on Expedia.we have never been to Germany, so having 3 days there would be neat, but I haven't priced out getting from Munich to Milan yet. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Sounds great.  There is no way my wife could travel with just a carry-on and backpack unless it was a two day trip.  Hahahahaha!  To clarify, she loves to get gifts for family and friends when we travel so that requires a lot of space on our trip home. 

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

I'm usually the same way! Haha. I just try to find small things to take as gifts. Lots of jewelry and magnets and such. Ever since I started using packing cubes for my clothes, though, I even have a decent amount of extra space with a carry on and backpack! 

last time we went to Italy we spent just 2-3 nights in each city. So with so much moving around via trains/busses/walking, it would be a huge hassle to have any more luggage.