cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Use HOTELS.COM

City Slicker

Do Not Use HOTELS.COM

I just traveled to Nigeria and used Hotels.com to book my hotel. Well when I got there they never paid the hotel for the room and I had to pay for it again. I was there for 2 weeks. Then it has taken them 2 weeks to refund my card, so many calls to them and nobody really knew what the other at the place was doing. I will never use them again.
5 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: Do Not Use HOTELS.COM

If they continue to not be helpful, file a claim with the credit card you booked with.  Make sure you have copies of your bills, correspondance, etc.

Nationally Recognized

I am wondering if this could be a problem with the particular hotel.  I have used hotels.com as my primary site for years (they are affiliated with expedia, so sometimes your reservation actually shows up as expedia) and have never had any problem and have gotten lots of free nights. But of course contact hotels.com/expedia about this situation.

Nationally Recognized

I wanted to add something after my post yesterday.  Always bring a copy of your reservation (in fact hotels.com reminds me a few days before); on it you will usually find a phone number to call if there are problems.  So if the hotel says you don't have a reservation and you have the printout on hand, it should be up to them to contact hotels.com

City Slicker

I tend to use Hotels.com as my backup rewards program - when I'm in a city that doesn't have my preferred hotel, when I'm staying in a boutique hotel like in NYC, or sometimes when travelling abroad. I spent 22 nights in hotels through hotels.com last year (some prepaid, some pay on arrival), and fortunately I haven't had any issues. I second the other user's recommendation to print out your reservations. It will show that you've paid (if prepaid), and provides contact information if there are any concerns.

I hope you issue was resolved!

Nationally Recognized

Thanks for the advice. I have never used them before. 

RJean