cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Celebrity run ins while traveling?

Internationally Known

Celebrity run ins while traveling?

Have you ever run into a celebrity during your travels, whether in the airport or even on your flight? I haven't seen the most famous people in the world, but I have seen Biz Markie, Jimmy Buffet, a troup of WWE wrestlers, Rueben from Survivor and an unidentified band that the flight attendants were all fawning over. 

13 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: Celebrity run ins while traveling?

I once saw the former Secretary of Energy, Ernest Moniz, when I was walking through Newark Airport. Does that count? This is clearly in the category of geek celebrity! :) 

Internationally Known

This is a good subject.  Let’s see.  It’s been awhile since I’ve seen any celebrities but a lot of the celebrities I have seen was when I was still working.  I did, however see Bob Crane (Colonel Hogan from Hogan’s Hero’s) many years ago walking through SFO.  I ran into (not literally) Chevy Chase, Rip Taylor, Jeff Goldblum, John Travolta, Jaimie Lee Curtis, Lester Hayes when I was working in Los Angeles.  While I was working in S.F. I ran into Winona Ryder and Jim Belushi.  Oh yes, when I was a kid I saw John Denver (Gilligan) in Thousand Oaks, he lived close by.  My sister went to High School with Curt Russell and Michael Nesmith (from the Monkees) lived about a block away from him.  That question made me think.  I’ve also met relatives of movie stars.  

Internationally Known

I went through security with Evander Holyfield last summer. He’s still a big dude and prett nice!  

Internationally Known

Wow! Your celebrity sightings are way better than my (kind of) celebrity sightings :)

Internationally Known

I have thought of more, mostly Politicians but I won’t go into that list.  Through the job I did for 32 years I had more opportunities than a lot of people to meet famous people.  Travels?  I can say, sure, because my job was mostly driving.

Internationally Known

Only sighting I've had was Joan Baez a few years ago in a gate area. Very briefly spoke to her and she was very nice. Didn't seem to be many others around who recognized her, most too young, lol.

Internationally Known

Just last month, we were on a flight from MIA to DCA, and Lance Bass (former NSYNC member) was in first class. It took me a minute to realize who it was, and by the time I did, I was already halfway to my seat. Wish I would have said hi!

Internationally Known

It’s so funny how some people can go unrecognized. Patti Smith used to come.into a book store I worked in While visiting her mother and no one ever had any clue who she was!  

Internationally Known

I was on a flight leaving Atlanta back in March, and President Jimmy Carter was on the same flight; he came through the cabin, security in front and behind, and shook every single person's hand. (I think I actually wrote a travel story about it!)

I also had a celebrity sighting while waiting for friends at the ferry in Martha's Vineyard. I was bumming around a store and a dog came up to me. As I was petting the dog, this voice says, "Sorry if she's bothering you." I look up and it's Carly Simon. At the time, she co-owned a store there. We had a brief and pleasant conversation. :-)