cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best flight deals

Highlighted
County Wise

Best flight deals

Which website do you use to book the cheapest and most direct flights? Have you ever tried Flystein or other sites that charge fees to find you "the cheapest flights out there?"

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Best flight deals

I usually check www.google/flights.com first. Gives you a lot of options, even by region, and shows you results by months if you like. After that I check individual airline websites. I no longer use kayak.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and the likes when it comes to flights. Did not see any advantage over google. Never paid for it.

Internationally Known

Was supposed to say www.google.com/flights...

Internationally Known

I agree with Liketraveling, I will usually check google flights for the cheapest flights, be careful though because some of the cheaper flights listed are “basic economy.”  If you don’t mind the restrictions of basic economy then that’s good.  I’ll find the fare, route and airline then go to the airline’s site and see if I can find the same fare.  If I’m remembering correctly, if you book through a discount travel site you may not get your miles credited, not 100 % positive.  I do know that is how it is with hotels.  If you have access to the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Portal you can search there as well.  You can pay cash or points.  I just found a killer deal for a multi-city round trip ticket form Sfo-Hnd-hkg then Sin-Sfo after our cruise (under $900 cash each and minimal Ultimate Rewards points).  

Good luck and happy searching.

Jeff

Stately Explorer

I subscribe to thriftytraveler (not their premuim service), because I'm a lazy flight seacher now (unless it's something I really, really want to do in the near future). I had been putting off purchasing flight tix to Tahoe for months, and by some magic, I got an e-mail from thrifty with info that Priceline was offering flights with Jetblue RT to Reno/Tahoe for $188 per person (6nights/7days).

Otherwise, I generally use google.com/flights and then if you're feeling adventurous compare it with Kayak.com (if you've already found specific date/time). Sometimes their hacker fare works out better than you'd think. I also am a budget traveler, so I'm always looking for deals! 

Internationally Known

I hope you had a great trip to Tahoe.  Crazy weather right now, the higher elevations are supposed to get about a foot of snow today/tonight.  

City Slicker

@gefe57 wrote:

I hope you had a great trip to Tahoe.  Crazy weather right now, the higher elevations are supposed to get about a foot of snow today/tonight.  

We're looking to spend a couple of days at Tahoe as well. The new brake kit, American racing wheels and headache racks were getting installed on the current truck project earlier than expected so we might a more days of allowance to go to more places.

Internationally Known

google flights, momondo and skyscanner.  using places like expedia will exclude some of the smaller airlines that might have better deals.