cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australia

City Slicker

Australia

My husband and I will be visiting Australia and New Zealand in January.  We will have six days on land  in Australia and a 12 day cruise around New Zealand.  Any 'must see' places we shouldn't miss?  My husband is a Viet Nam vet and visited Australia during his R&R back in 1968.  He always wanted to go back for a visit.  Can't wait!

2 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Australia

@jdr7888, you have to be a bit more specific. It is like asking "I will be in the U.S. for 6 days, anything I shouldn't miss?" Australia is enormously large and there is so much to see it could easily fill months.

Will you be flying into Melbourne or Sydney? Is the land portion before or after the cruise (jet lag might be an issue)? Would you be willing to rent a car and take off on your own? Do you want to join a tour? Do you want to see as much as possible or do you want to take it easy? Lots of questions...

Sounds like a great trip, am sure you gonna love it!

Internationally Known

Re: Australia

As you know, Australia is vast, and six days won't give you time to see much of it.  I would combine Sydney/Blue Mountains with one of the following: Uluru, Melbourne or Cairns (Great Barrier Reef), depending on your interests.