cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone flown with Vueling Airline?

Nationally Recognized

Anyone flown with Vueling Airline?

We have a flight booked through Vueling from Barcelona, Spain to Genoa, Italy in April. Google has all the horror stories which make me a bit nervous, but I know people post the bad more than the good so I’m hoping it will be ok. I’m not concerned with comfort, lack of amenities, etc. it’s a cheap 1.5 hour flight after all. I’m expecting something similar to Allegiant, Frontier, Spirit, etc. 

But what I’d like to know is if anyone has experience flying with them and can speak to the reliability of getting from point A to point B on time, or at least close to on time?

After arriving in Genoa, we will be taking a train down to Riomaggiore in Cinque Terre. We only have one night there so obviously we want to arrive as soon as possible that day. 

Our plane is scheduled to arrive in Genoa at 12:45pm and I booked a train for 3:08pm. This gives us about 2 hours and 20 mins between when we are scheduled to land, and when our train leaves. The bus to the train station runs every 15 mins and only takes about 15 mins to arrive at the station. We have no checked luggage, only carry ons and backpacks. So I’m sure we will be fine as long as we land within an hour of the scheduled time, I’m just worried about the possibility of long delays/cancelations that would cause us to miss our train. 

I know that Barcelona is Vueling’s main hub too, so I’m hoping that increases the chances of going out on time

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Re: Anyone flown with Vueling Airline?

Yup I flew with them when a couple of years ago from Germany to Spain. They are very similar to the other budget airlines. I did not have any issues getting to my destination. I don't even believe I had a dely. It's obviously going to differ flight to flight. They are probably just as reliable as any other budget airline. I think with the time you gave yourself from plan to train, you'll probably be fine. With regards to the reviews, I'm sure they have had issues and that they are perhaps not the most popular airline. But always remember that people are more likely to review when they have a complaint versus when they are happy with their service. 

City Slicker

I had no issues with Vueling back in late 2017 on a flight from Italy to France. It was an on-time flight.

I wouldn't worry, you have plenty of time to catch the train connection. There is no Customs to worry about upon arrival and you will be out of the airport rather swiftly.   

Internationally Known

Flown them twice in last 2 years, Prague-Barcelona and Nuremburg - Barcelona. No issues whatsoever- on time, modern and comfortable newer planes and good prices. Wouldn't worry at all.

Nationally Recognized

Thanks everyone! That puts my mind at ease. I figured as much but it’s nice to hear from other people’s experience! 😊

Internationally Known

I flew em a bit over a year ago, MXP-AMS. All smooth and on time. I recall the flight attendants were very friendly.

I'd fly em again without hesitation.

Internationally Known

I used Vueling from Barcelona to Sevilla. My flight was postponed by 1 hour but that resheduling happened days in advance & I was notified by email. On the day of travel, it was smooth. There was no concept of entry in a line so folks will scramble to grab overhead space. Other than than, crew was friendly & nothing much to worry given you are flying out of their hub.

Internationally Known

Vueling is wholly owned by IAG, the parent company of Iberia and British Airways. It's Spain's largest airline by number aircraft and destinations, running a lot of the domestic and European routes, primarily for vacationers. It is certainly not a sketchy company, though as with any carrier you do want to allow enough time if you have an important connection to make.