Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone Abroad?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Anyone Abroad?

Hello Barclay Family,

Though I am a US citizen I decided to avoid the madness of traveling home etc and am "sheltering" in place in London (My UK visa resets before it expires so I am all set). Anyone else abroad or hunkering down abroad for all of this? 
I assume I will be here until Summer and am sharing a household with a retired Bostonian who also decided to stay. As she is older I fetched us plenty of food etc and now we're isolating together for at least 2 weeks, possibly more. While I am still working remotely as normal, I am excited to spend some time inside and read/work on my bechamel and hollandaise sauce.

I'd like to know where in the world you are, are you safe, what are your concerns? Let's be there for one another!

3 Replies
Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Anyone Abroad?

We're in Germany with family riding out the storm. We had planned on being here, having my parents come over to stay with our kids while my husband and I went to Scotland to walk the West Highland Way before heading to NY to visit family and then return home.  We got here just in time, but didn't want to risk having my elderly parents come over. Now we're just stuck inside working on school stuff and having more family time than we had originially planned.

We are in a pretty rural area and there aren't a ton of cases in the area, but we are staying in as much as possible. We have plenty of food and are all healthy, so we're just gonna respect the rules and enjoy the company of our family! We are also using the time to plan more vacations when this is all over :) 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I am not abroad, but just wanted to say stay safe to the entire Barclays community, near and far! Crazy times we are living in for sure.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Crazy times indeed.  We are at home in locked down California.  Since I'm retired it's easy for me.  My wife will start working from home this week.  I still get out and walk my 3 to 4+ miles almost every day (gotta keep the bionic hip moving- HaHaHa).  That has been a different experience also, there are a lot fewer people walking or running.  We too have plenty of food and supplies but still need to get fresh fruit and veggies every once in a while.  Can't wait for this to end.  I hope we don't have to cancel our Vancouver, BC trip July 29 or Italy/Greece mid-October.  

Everyone take care and stay well. Jeff