cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 travel!

Internationally Known

2020 travel!

Happy New Year!

what trips does everyone have lined up in 2020?!  I take a lot of inspiration from the site and would love to hear where everyone will be exploring. 

We have a trip to Wisconsin, Washington DC (to see Patti Smith!) and a trip to Germany planned so far. 

27 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: 2020 travel!

Currently on my trip: Mt. Vernon, Norfolk, and Richmond.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Looks like I will probably be in Topeka, Kansas in March and hopefully College Station, Texas in April. These are just short, domestic trips, but hopefully I will find some good stories to write.

Internationally Known

Sounds great. I look forward to your future stories!

Internationally Known

Ihpie10,  Happy New Year to you as weel and to everyone else. 

I sorta kinda answered this in a different post but I'll do it again.  We fly out of SFO to Tokyo on February 13th.  We will spend the night at a hotel the night before, still deciding on which free room to use (Thanks to my Hyatt  and IHG cards, saving my Hilton nights for a different trip).  We arrive in Tokyo on the 14th, Hapoy Valentines Day!  Staying a week at the Hilton Tokyo and will do some traveling around Tokyo and a side trip or two outside the city.  On the 21st we fly from HND, Tokyo to Hong Kong.  We have three days in Hong Kong at the Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay.  The 24th we board our ship for a nine day cruise with three stops in the Philipines, two stops in Vietnam and we end in Singapore.  We have three nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Little India in downtown Singapore.  We fly back to SFO on March 7th.  That is our big trip and so far dollar free, all points.  Ill do a story on that much later to let everyone know how I did it. 

I started planning a five night trip to Vancouver, B.C. the end of July for my wife's birthday.  We were going to fly directly into Vancouver but I got two round trip tickets from Scaramento to Seattle  for under $400 (used Southwest gift cards I got with my Aspire card and then was reimbursed with an airline credit, so free airfare except Early Bird).  The tickets I looked at into Vancouver were about that amount each.  We can rent a car in Seattle and drive to Vancouver.  We will stay at the Hilton downtown Vancouver (with two free nights and points for the other three) and parking is only $10 Canadian dollars a day.  I'll start planning the side trips after we get back from Asia.

That's it for this year.  My wife will need to build up her vacation time at work.  As for my vacation time, oh yea!  Every day is Saturday!  Hahahaha!  I'd still like to get up into the Sierras for a day or two during the snow, we'll see how that works out. 

Stately Explorer

Washington DC during cherry blossom season is on my bucket list!

Internationally Known

Hayy New Year to y'all! 

Vancouver in January with a side trip to Whistler and Victoria. 

Thinking about Alaska and Canadian Rockies in June (maybe July, not sure...).

A few business trips (destinations TBD).

Internationally Known

It looks like there will some incredible reading in 2020!  I am off to Cyprus in February and then a cruise along the California coast in the spring.  Summer is not booked yet, but is looking like the Grand Canyon and, later in the summer, a road trip through Scotland.  There will be some hiking and paddling trips thrown in there as well.  Like Jeff said, "Everyday is Saturday "!

Internationally Known

Right now our only major trip is the Maldives next month. This trip took a ton of planning to make happen (getting enough points for free airfare and hotels was hard work), so I think we need to get through this trip before we really start planning another major international trip.

We have some smaller trips planned (Detroit, Ft. Lauderdale) to see friends/family, but nothing too exciting.

Ideally, I'd like to cross another two states off my list this year to get closer to my goal of all 50 states. We'll see if that happens.

Looking forward to reading everyone's travel stories in 2020!

Internationally Known

I have quite a bit of international travel on the horizon, heading first to Cabo Verde in March, later hoping for Greenland and the Tokyo Olympics (well, getting to Japan isn't very hard, but the tickets are insane right now).