cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Travels: Where are you Planning on Going?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: 2019 Travels: Where are you Planning on Going?

Looking to make it to Africa, the Middle East, some Pacific Islands, and several U.S. National Parks. Happy travels to all in 2019! 

Internationally Known

Happy New Year everyone! My goal is to check off my bucket list travel once a year. As I posted a question, this year's bucket list travel I am going to make is a whirlwind trip to South America (Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina and Brazil). I will also make occasional business trips for domestic destinations like DC and NY for sure and international destinations including Canada and Korea, and perhaps China. 

Internationally Known

Happy New Year to you all!! We had a great start of the year this morning with a 15 mile bicycle tour to the beach. Weather was just perfect, blue sky and 80 degrees Fahrenheit :-)

Seems the new year is going to be a good one for lots of members of this travel community.

I am going to surprise my wife with a trip to Antigua in February for our anniversary. We went there many years ago and enjoyed the island a lot. I am also just working on a summer trip to Germany to see family, we will then head to Helsinki, stay there a few nights and then take the ferry to Tallinn in Estonia. Will likely spend a few weeks in Estonia, Lithuania and maybe Lettland. Is on our bucket list since a while and summer is the best time to go there. Any input from your side highly appreciated! Will try to squeeze in a couple of getaways, Key West is one of the options although we went there twice...but we never took the ferry from Fort Meyers. We might spend next Christmas in Laos but have not made up our mind.

To mark867: when you are in Portugal, try to see the area around Carrapateira, Monchique and Sagres (western part of the Algarve), visit the beautiful town of Evora (recommend Hotel Albergaria do Calvario), check out Guimaraes with its historic town center (Hotel Da Oliveira is a good one) and don't miss the medival town of Obidos (best to stay at least one night to really appreciate the romantic atmosphere)...wrote a good amount of stories about Portugal a while ago, maybe you get an idea what I am talking about. No matter what, the fish is usually right off the ocean, food in general is awesome and people are incredibly friendly. Have a great time!

Internationally Known

Happy New Year everyone! This year’s travel list includes: New Orleans, Egypt 🇪🇬 , and Jordan 🇯🇴 ! I also want to go back and explore more of Central Asia (Kyrgyzstan 🇰🇬, Turkmenistan 🇹🇲 and etc....) 🙂🙂🙂

Internationally Known

I wish you all a very Happy New Year.  I have two road trips planned for the year already and thinking about a few more short trips depending upon flight deals and vacation times. We are going to Arizona for a week-long road trip in March and doing an Icefields Highway road trip in Canada sometime in late August/early September. Also, we might head down to Costa Rica for a quick trip sometime this year. New Zealand is on my bucket list for quite some time but did not get the opportunity to fulfill that wish as of now.

Internationally Known

Liketraveling, thanks for the tips! Will definitely check out your stories. We had already looked in Sagres, but always appreciate suggestions! We only have a week there so we can’t fit everything, but I’m sure we will go back someday.

City Slicker

Happy new year, everyone! This is my first post!

OP, good luck with the proposal planning!

This big one is taking my mom and fiancee to Paris at the end of August for 11 days.  My mom is from Laos and has taken a few trips to SE Asia, but has never been to Europe, so we're thrilled. 

I'll have to post in a separate thread asking for travel suggestions.

Additionally, I hope to pop up to Montreal and Ottawa. (kranzie10, I am in Lewis County!)

Also hopefully a new state I haven't vacationed in yet.

Internationally Known

Welcome, Oheckletstrek

Internationally Known

Ed4000, you will love St Petersburg, Russia.  We spent two days there during our Scandanavia/Russia cruise in 2014.  We signed up for a two day tour so we didn't duplicate any of the stops.  I will be doing some stories on that visit soon.  I have only posted one on the Rostral Columns so far.  There is a lot to cram in in two days.  If I ever have the opportunity I would love to go back there and defenitly love to go to Moscow. 

Jeff

Internationally Known

Ditto, Welcome Ohecklestrek.  This is a great community.  Happy planning and hope to see some nice travel pictures and hear some good stories.