cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Travels: Where are you Planning on Going?

Nationally Recognized

2019 Travels: Where are you Planning on Going?

Happy 2019 everyone!!! I thought it would be a fun way to start off the new year by asking all of you where you are planning on traveling to in 2019? If you're not sure yet, where have you been dying to travel to? 

As for myself, I'll be in the Grand Canyon area in the next few months and then looking for places to propose to my girlfriend sometime in the late summer or early fall. On my bucket list of places to see are definitely Banff National Park and New Zealand. 

24 Replies
Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: 2019 Travels: Where are you Planning on Going?

In 2019, I am pretty much going to be married to work because we are embarking on a major project. Thus, 2019 might be a year to save up some vacation time credit card miles.

The big island of Hawaii has been on my bucket list for a while. For me, a visit to Hawaii is more about seeing the national parks, doing some hiking, and doing some stargazing as opposed to lying on the beach all day. I have often thought this might be a good use for some points and miles.

Internationally Known

We are going to New Orleans in March and Portugal in April. That’s all we have booked so far, but we will do our usual beach vacation in November (thinking Grand Cayman, Aruba, or Costa Rica) and of course, visits to Florida, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut to visit our families. I’m sure something else will come up, too.

Looking forward to seeing everyone’s pictures and reading stories from your travels!

Internationally Known

Happy New Year!

We are heading off to Denmark in April (with a possible side trip across to Sweden for a day) and are hoping to make it to Thailand for the Christmas holiday. Dallas/Fort Worth for work in a couple of weeks and a quick trip to England in February, also for work. We will most likely make another extended stay with my brother in Germany at some point and will take side trips from there. 

On a side note, I read in one of your stories that you were from upstate NY.  I was born and raised in Oswego county! Great to see people from my area on here :)

Internationally Known

Where in Portugal? We've done Lisbon and Porto so far.  Absoltely loved them both!

Internationally Known

@kranzie10 wrote:

Where in Portugal? We've done Lisbon and Porto so far.  Absoltely loved them both!

Going to Lisbon, Porto, and Lagos. I’ve read your stories and got some great tips from them! Excited to start planning the final details.

Internationally Known

Happy New Year to everyone!  2019 will probably be a year for my wife to build up more vacation hours.  So far we only have one trip planned.  A cruise, imagine that!  We are flying to Miami mid February.  Gonna spend 3 days there before the cruise and 5 days after the cruise.  Our cruise will take us to Roatan, Honduras, Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico, Cozumel, Mexico and Nassau, Bahamas.  Have an excursion planned to visit Chitzan Itza, haven’t been there yet.  We are thinking about a road trip for a week or so to Vancouver, B.C.  It’s about a 14 hour drive which we would divide into 2 days.  I haven’t been to Vancouver since I was a wee little 1st grader, that was a couple years ago.  We’d love to go to Hawaii again but that probably won’t happen this year.  Maybe a weekend trip here and there.  I want to get up to the Sierras for some snow pictures.  Happy travels and looking to hear about and see pictures from everyone’s travels.

Internationally Known

Happy New Year Travels everyone! We're undecided about a lot of things right now, including travel! We've got 10 days booked at Gulf State Park in Gulf Shores, Al. to do the RV thing in May, and may head up the East Coast for loop afterwards. We were planning on doing a laid back cross country RV trip this year, but after some research, it looks like the parks are so full that reservations are pretty much required to get in, which killed the laid back no reservation style idea we were hoping for. So I've been trolling workaway.com for another workaway in Europe somewhere for September, with a side trip hopefully to Russia. We have some traveler friends in Moscow who have been wanting us to come visit, so we'll try to hit St. Petersburg and Moscow from Helsinki .

Internationally Known

Great question!  So far we have camping in Florida, a trip to visit family in Boston, and Düsseldorf in March. Looking for something fun to do like Mexico in early April too.  I am definitely inspired by this site!

Stately Explorer

Happy new year and thanks for the thread! So fun to see where everyone is headed :)

I bought the annual national parks pass for a recent trip, and really hope to cross off as many as I can this year (work vacation permitting). So in love with the beauty of nature. I will be based in the Northeast - so if anyone has any suggestions of which parks to visit let me know!