cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wyndham Rewards Credit Card from Barclays

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Wyndham Rewards Credit Card from Barclays

I have been giving some serious thought to applying for the Wyndham Rewards Credit Card (no-fee) version through Barclays. Wyndham and Choice have a massive number of hotels in the rural areas that I drive through regularly and thus I am a member of both rewards programs. Obviously, none of the co-branded cards would replace the Arrival Plus for all around spending, but for targeted spending they would make those free nights come around a bit quicker.

Question (not answered by Google, yet)...If I apply for the Wyndham Card, (Or Choice for that matter) will I be able to manage my Wyndham (or Choice) and Arrival Plus accounts through the same login/website/mobile app? This would be a major plus. I have tried to find the answer on Barclays' website, but have not been able to find it. Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: Wyndham Rewards Credit Card from Barclays

I have the Uber card from Barclay so when I sign in, both cards are listed there and I click either card to view the account info for the card selected.  Hope that answered your question. 

Nationally Recognized

Thanks for the confirmation. I will gladly offer a Kudo once I get out of Kudos jail.

Having permanent gold status through the  credit card is a nice perk, not to mention the expedited free nights. 

Stately Explorer

Kudos jail?  Lol!  I haven't heard about that.  

Community Manager

That is a great question, BelfryBat. We are happy to tell you that you can manage your rewards and account using the same website and mobile app. You would be provided a drop down on the main screen to switch between cards. We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ

Nationally Recognized

@BCUSCare_Travel wrote:

That is a great question, BelfryBat. We are happy to tell you that you can manage your rewards and account using the same website and mobile app. You would be provided a drop down on the main screen to switch between cards. We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. Thank you. ^DJ

Thanks, DJ. This is very useful information, and it is the answer I am looking for. I am weighing my options right now - and trying not to rack up too many Hard Pulls at once.

Internationally Known

I am a big fan of the Wyndham card. 15k Wyndham points for a night at any Wyndham property (including their all inclusives in the Caribbean) is truly awesome.

Nationally Recognized

I like that 15K system as well. I am still thinking about getting the card, but I have decided to wait for a few months.

There is a competing hotel branded card (no annual fee) that is offering a temporarily elevated sign-up bonus (ends today). I am a member of their rewards program, and I know that I will be staying in some of their hotels this fall, so I went ahead and signed up for the card to get the higher sign-up bonus. I still plan to sign up for the Wyndham card, but I just want to let that initial hard pull age for a bit.

For my 2017 trip to South Carolina, I encountered some Wyndham properties that were not so nice, and one that was absolutely awful. I know they were budget to midscale motels, but one in particular was terrible - dirty, TV did not work, continental breakfast not set up, cigarette butts everywhere, etc). Thus, I wanted to apply for the competing card first - that way I have some better options when I return to the area.

Internationally Known

Fully understandable. Wyndham brands are heavily concentrated on the low end. I had a stay at a Knights Inn on the outskirts of Atlanta which was, shall we say, less than pleasant.