cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When would I get my bonus $40,000 miles?

City Slicker

When would I get my bonus $40,000 miles?

Hi!  I am new to this community so I apologize if the answer has been posted somewhere else.

I am only $30 away from my first $3000 used on the card.  I was wondering if the bonus miles are added to my account fairly quickly?

I'm asking because I am plannning a trip to Paris in June and I am looking at airfares etc. now.

9 Replies
Community Manager

Re: When would I get my bonus $40,000 miles?

Thanks for your question. I've sent your comments to our Customer Care team for their feedback.

Community Manager

@bluwulf : Our team has been unable to locate an account associated with the email used to register for the community. Please email BarclaycardTravel@barclaycardus.com with the appropriate email to use and a phone number.

Highlighted
City Slicker

did this get a reply?  curious to know as well

Community Manager

Because this can vary, please email us at BarclaycardTravel@Barclaycardus.com so our Customer Care team can investigate. @cash512 

Stately Explorer

IME, the 40,000 bonus miles posted with the transaction that triggered the required spend. It was very efficient and easy.

County Wise

It was very fast for me as well!  I didn't check quite that quickly, but the first time I checked after I'd reached the $3000, it was there.  

County Wise

Also, if I've understood how this works correctly, you redeem retroactively, so you can book your flight as soon as you're ready, and then you have 120 days to use miles to pay down your flight.  Like, if your flight costs you $300, you can purchase it now, and then when your 40k miles come in, you redeem 30k of them to cover your flight, retroactively.  So you shouldn't have to wait, unless you're scared it won't come through at all.  (Just make sure you've spent that first $3000 within 90 days of getting the card, as required.)  I hope I'm making sense.  

City Slicker

Hi I am also new to the community and still in the early stage of getting to my first $3,000.  I am not clear on the "net purchases" requirement.  

I recently paid my car registration fee with Barclay+, does it qualify as "net purchase"?  What about purchasing gift cards from retailers?  Anyone with the same type of transations in the past, I'd appreciate your feedback.  Thanks.

City Slicker

Just checking back - yes, I did get the bonus miles added 3 or 4 days after I reached the 3,000. 

jascinca - I use the card to pay for pretty much everything.  Even utilities and phone bills and I get the points for them.

For gift cards - I am not sure.  I got a brochure in the mail about 3 weeks after I got my card and it explained a lot for me.