cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Credit Line

Highlighted
County Wise

Small Credit Line

I have a long history of owning credit cards and have had an excellent credit score. When I was approved for the Bayclays Arrival Plus card, I was given only $5K credit line. Really? For all other CCs I got, I had at least 15K credit line. I felt it's insulting to my credit history. Anyone has had the same experience?

6 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Small Credit Line

Hello @Aggie1209. We're sorry to hear that you're dissatisfied with your initial credit line. If you'd like to discuss credit line increase options we ask that you call our customer care department at 888-232-0780. Our agents are available 24/7. ^KH

County Wise

Thank you! Will try to call to see if they can increase my credit line.

Stately Explorer

I have several credit cards and an excellent credit history.  Barclays has given me the lowest line of credit for each card I have through them compared to the other financial institutions.  Don’t fell bad.  You can always try to call or go to your account online and request a credit increase.  Good luck.

County Wise

Thank you gefe57 for your response. Actually I have called the customer care department to ask for a credit line increase. But I was told that they would make a credit history inquiry again and that would be a hard pull and would reduce my credit score. I do not want that. They said they would review the account at certain point and would increase the credit line by then. I may wait for a little longer to see how things go. 

Stately Explorer

Sounds like a plan.  On a couple of my cards my credit line was increased and I got the notification in the mail.  That's the way it should work.  

Stately Explorer

Aggie1209, sorry, I just had another though.  If you have another Barclay card you don"t use as much you can call Barclay and have a portion of that card's credit line transfered to your Arrival.  Just a thought.  I've done this with Barclay and Chase.