cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend bonus

County Wise

Re: Refer a friend bonus

Hi @JenniferH, any idea on when the launch would be? I have referred a few people already and will referring more but it would be great if there's some incentives. Thanks!

City Slicker

Just a suggestion - if you friend applies and refers you and they're approved, you should consider offering bonus miles to the referrer....

Ive already have referred 3 people and they all have cards - kind of confusing when we go to pay and all of our cards look the same but they enjoy the features just as much as I do.

City Slicker

I was on the fence trying to decide between this card and the Chase Sapphire Preferred. I was leaning towards referring my mother and father to apply for the Arrival Plus but after reading this and seeing that Barclaycard hasn't taken any action on its members' suggestions I've changed course. I'll be sending a couple Chase Sapphire referrals where I get a 5k bonus each and they get a card that fits what they're looking for as far as charging travel spend. Very disappointing Barclaycard. 

Stately Explorer

Referral Points?

Hi,

I was getting ready to refer some friends to BTC, and I just wanted to check, do you get points for referring new users?

I'm doing it anyway, I just wanted to check before I missed some points.

Thanks

Nationally Recognized

Re: Referral Points?

I can't speak for certain on this, but I had seen another conversation where this had been brought up and thought I would bring it to your attention to read until you receive an official answer.  But from what I gathered from that conversation is that there isn't any sort of rewards offered unfortunately.

http://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/The-Barclaycard-Arrival/Refer-a-friend-bonus/td-p/294726/page/3

Stately Explorer

Re: Referral Points?

Thanks

County Wise

I could not agree more with 'mbadredd17'. You have a community of cardholders that are so excited about your card that they are Actively trying to refer their friends, yet you offer nothing extra for this extra effort.

Barclay, you have a great card and a great community, I strongly urge you to consider adding a referral bonus. Conduct an ROI anaysis if you must, but I can gurantee it will be worth it. If not, I am afraid I will refer my friends to my Chase Sapphire Preferred.

County Wise

I agree with both of you. I have referrred 8 credit cards this year for a total of 65,000 bonus miles from Chase, AMEX and usBank. I'm not going to help Barclay's if they aren't going to help me.  Anyone looking for some referrals to some great card and point earning opportunities, please reach out to me. You can often get more bonus points with a referral than without.

City Slicker

I couldn't agree more with those who have voiced their discontent with Barclay not offering a referral bonus. It looks as though many of us will continue to refer our friends to Chase or Amex using their referral offers until Barclay gets on board. It is quite baffling that a company with such a popular card that clearly has a lot of support and is being advertised for free by so many of us is not rewarding it's members. LISTEN TO YOUR MEMBERS BARCLAY!!

County Wise

I have a suggestion. Since they aren't offering us a referral bonus, let's help each other by voting for each of our posts on this discussion - which is another way of getting points. I am going to "heart" each of your posts now. ;-)