cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend bonus

Internationally Known

Re: Refer a friend bonus

I hope there's an update on this soon. I referred my sister last month and have a friend I am referring this month who wants a barclay card too =)

City Slicker

Hello
Does anyone know if they finally approved the refer your friend program?
City Slicker

Any progress in the last month?

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

We are in testing mode for the "Refer a Friend" module waiting on confirmation everything is working properly to ensure a positive experience all around. We will provide an update as soon as it is ready to launch. Thank you for your interest!

City Slicker

Hi JenniferH,

I've been follwing this post for a while and it started in March when you mentioned about the potential development of the Refer-a-friend program. And I have read your last post about running the program under test mode now.

However, it is mis-June already. I just kind of want to follow up to see if the program is going to be released anytime soon? Because many og my friends that I have introduced to them about Arrival Plus card are interesting to know if when will they be able to apply for the new card through my referral. And also, by the time the referral program is out, will they still able to receive a 40,000 bonus miles, or higher or lower...

Please let us know any timeline or possible alternative ways for them to apply for the card now and socument for our referral?

Thank you very much.

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

We just wanted to make a clarification regarding the "Refer a Friend" capability. The refer capability will allow you to easily send an email, post on Facebook or tweet to your contacts. Currently, there is not a Participation Miles "bonus" offered for referring your friends or family through the interface we will be launching. We have taken your ideas and feedback about offering a 'reward' for this activity back to our team and will continue to provide updates. Thank you!

County Wise

Has there been any update on this? I have been helping two friend of mine pick some new credit cards and both of them really like the Arrival Plus. They wouldn't have heard about this card if it wasn't for me, and they certainly wouln't have applied.

Is the Refer a Friend system ready yet? And, why is there no bonus for referring someone when Chase (the bank with the Sapphire Preferred that you compare the Arrival Plus to on your website) has a bonus for referring a friend? I mean, you give out points for posting a travel story, but isn't getting a new cardmember worth more to you, thus you should really be rewarding the people that bring in new paying members, not just posting stories that barely get read?

I'm not saying I deserve anything, I was just wondering why things are the way that they are. My friend will be applying for the Arrival Plus in a few days, and it would be nice if Barclays, like Chase, would recognize that I brought them a new member.

County Wise

Any update on the status of a referral bonus? This is the only card I have that doesn't currently have one.

Community Manager

Hi @C_Dubbs and  @travel-warrior Thank you for your continued interest in the Refer a Friend capability. The refer capability within the Barclaycard Travel Community will allow you to easily send an email, post on Facebook or tweet to your contacts. Currently, there is not a "Participation Miles bonus" offered for referring your friends or family through the interface we will be launching in the next few weeks.

We have taken your ideas and feedback about offering a 'reward' for this activity back to our team and will continue to provide updates. Thank you!

County Wise

Thank you for your reply, Jennifer!

I still believe that directly bringing a new card member to Barclaycard is worth more to your business and bottom line than the travel stories posted to this site. This site is basically rewarding us for increasing your SEO ranks, but gaining a new card member provides you with a continuous supply of money every time that card is swiped. It would seem to me that it would be less costly to have an existing card member do your marketing and outreach for you to gain new members, than your cost for doing so directly or through SEO rankings driven by this site. We, your card members, are your best advocates. And when I can "wow" a friend into getting the Arrival Plus, you didn't have to spend a penny in new member acquisition.

I am directly responsible for two new Arrival Plus card members signing up and loving your cards. They're now on their way to spend $3,000 each to reach the signup bonus.

They also applied for cards at Chase (where you advertise comparing the Arrival Plus to the Chase Sapphire Preferred) and I will be receiving 5,000 Ultimate Rewards Points for each of them.

So, those are my thoughts. It seems like getting new card members are better for Barclaycard than the stories posted here, and we should be regarded as such. Thank you for your time and consideration!