cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redeeming Miles

City Slicker

Redeeming Miles

Hi All!

I recently redeemed 10,000 miles for $100 of travel expenses. However, my total balance due has not changed. Shouldn't the balance change from ex. $1,000 to $900 after the $100 redemption?

6 Replies
City Slicker

Re: Redeeming Miles

The $100 is considered as payment.  The balance doesn’t change, but you only need to pay $900 since you’ve already paid $100 with points. 

Nationally Recognized

I was confused by this too but just pay the remainder, minus your redemption amount, and it will be fine.

Internationally Known

Wait until the end of your billing cycle and when you receive your payment bill the $100 redemption should be shown as a credit.  

Stately Explorer

As mentioned, you just need to wait a little until it actually hits your statement as a credit. It'll go down! Congrats on your redemption! Those are my happy moments, haha. :)

Community Manager

Hi @ewoketravler, Thank you for your question. The helpful folks in this thread are correct, the redemption will display on your statement. Thank you everyone!

City Slicker

Thank you, Jen and everyone. I'm glad to hear the redemption actually will make my balance go down. It was just confusing when I saw the total amount "paid" went up but the balance did not go down. Good to know it will eventually go down but this is something Barclays should fix, its deceiving.