cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points Earned Through Community

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Points Earned Through Community

I’m still learning the ropes here in the community even though I’ve been a member for four years I just became active this month.  If I’m understanding this correctly the points earned through the community will post to my Arrival + account at the end of each month and be designated for travel.  It’s that correct?  And, do the points have the same value as the points I earn with my card?  Sorry For the silly questions, I just like to understand how it all works.  Since I retired Points and Miles have become one of my main hobbies.

4 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Points Earned Through Community

Yes, your points will post to your Arrival + account on about the first day of the month. Sometimes they post on the 2nd or 3rd - this might depend on weekends and holidays.

Your points will be marked as "participation miles" and they will have the same value as your regular points. You can use them to redeem against any travel expense of $100 or more as long as the expense was posted within the last 120 days.

Hope this helps. Congratulations on your retirement!

Internationally Known

Thank you Belfrybat  I figured as much but I couldn’t locate the value of the points anywhere. 

Internationally Known

In case you aren't familiar with all the options for using points, log in to your credit card account online, and click on "Rewards and Benefits Center" and then " Redeem my Miles." There are many things you can do with these points aside from offsetting travel expenses, though many of us find that offsetting travel expenses is the most valuable use. 

Internationally Known

Srdshelly2, thanks for the info.  I’m fairly familiar with how the regularly earned miles (with my credit card), work I just wasn’t familiar if the points earned through the community points (participation Miles) worked the same.  I did receive an answer about that.  Thanks again!