cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying Rent with Arrival Premier - I have crunched the numbers

Internationally Known

Re: Paying Rent with Arrival Premier - I have crunched the numbers

I have edited my post with Strikethrough to indicate the increased fees being charged in my area. My landlord now charges a convenience fee of roughly 2.7%. Thus, I might not come out ahead by paying with this card. You might not either if you are in the same situation. I left the orginial post intact so the entire discussion makes sense.

Now that my landlord (big corporation) is allowing us to pay with a credit card, I will probably test the system when I need to write off a major travel expense that is about to expire. I will let everybody know how it goes.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Not to resurrect an old thread...but my Landlord just got us onto a new payment system. We can use ACH (free), check (free) or credit card (roughly 3% fee). Looks like it will be ACH for me - save for when I want to use a rent payment to hit a sign-up bonus.

Internationally Known

I looked into and even made a phone call about paying our house payments with a credit card.  No dice.  I can however, pay our timeshare payments with a credit card.  I must admit I don’t use my arrival for this because I can earn 14 points per dollar with a hotel cobranded AMEx card.  My time share is through Hilton Grand Vacations, hint, hint.  I do use my Arrival Plus to pay our property taxes.  I have to pay a convince fee but I also wait til the current billing period ends so I can prolong the pain of the tax payment for a month longer.