cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odds of Arrival Plus miles becoming transferable to airline miles?

Internationally Known

Odds of Arrival Plus miles becoming transferable to airline miles?

I would like to get some takes on this. We know that initially, Barclays only wanted to have its miles from the now unavailable Arrival Premier to be transferable. But now the Capital One Venture card, which has long been the Arrival Plus's true direct competitor, is now providing miles transferability to a number of airlines. Most are at a rate of 2 Venture miles: 1.5 airline miles, which isn't bad at all. 

Makes me wonder with the Arrival Plus now being pretty much the last big player in its market without any transfer partners, if they might feel the need to respond. I know I'd love it if they did! What do you think?

1 Reply
Internationally Known

Re: Odds of Arrival Plus miles becoming transferable to airline miles?

Yes, that'd be extra flexibility if Arrival Plus miles (rather than only Premier) could transfer to airlines! With Capital One (and Amex Everyday Preferred and similar), it works out to 1.5 airline miles per dollar spent. With the 1.4 Arrival Premier miles to 1 airline mile, it works out to 1.43 airline miles per dollar spent. It's a hair less, but it's in the "margin of error". I hope that Barclay will allow Arrival Plus mileage transferrability, and that it won't be a feature that is lost in the mix with Arrival Premier not taking new applications.