cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Annual Fee Barclaycard

Internationally Known

No Annual Fee Barclaycard

Anyone here has the no annual fee version of the Barclaycard? What are the differences with the Arrival Plus besides earning 1 miles / $ spend on regular purchases? Is there any difference between them in terms of redeeming the rewards? TIA

13 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: No Annual Fee Barclaycard

Parkhopper, I don’t have the no fee Arrival but I have looked into it and this is what I found.  You might want to double check on this but unless you already have the Barclay Arrival no fee card it is no longer open to new applications, I have no idea if you can downgrade the Arrival Plus.  The redemptions are the same 1 point = 1 cent and they both have the the 5% back on points redemptions.  The difference is the earnings.  Jeff

Internationally Known

I was thinking about downgrading the Arrival Plus as I only use the card for travel-related expenses. If the travel cashback is the same, then what is the point of paying for the AF. I was wondering if there is any difference in miles redemption or not. Also, the travel community access still remains the same or not.

Nationally Recognized

I dropped down to the no fee version of the card a couple of years ago. For me, it’s worth it to not have the fee, as i split purchases between a couple cards and mainly use my Barclay when I travel. I’m not 100% sure of all differences as I’ve forgotten over the years but When I had the arrival +, I believe you got 10% back when you redeemed miles? On the no fee version you only get 5% back, but you redeem the same way, every 2,500 is $25. 

Nationally Recognized

Travel community access is the same. I had the arrival plus the first couple years in this community, then switched, and access and earnings are the same within the community. It was a couple years ago, but when I called they were more than happy to down grade my account for me, and they explained the differences then, I just have a terrible memory! Haha

Internationally Known

I have the no AF version, and what everoyne has said here is correct. You earn less on non travel and dining, but you can redeem against charges starting at $25 instead of $100, which is nice. 

Internationally Known

I don’t think the no fee card is available any longer but could be wrong.  A quick phone call could clear that up, I’m sure.

please let us know what you find out!!

Nationally Recognized

Good to know. I have the arrival plus, but i would be interested in downgrading to the no annual fee version if it is available.

@Ihpie10 wrote:

I don’t think the no fee card is available any longer but could be wrong.  A quick phone call could clear that up, I’m sure.

please let us know what you find out!!

Internationally Known

Please let us know, I am interested as well

Nationally Recognized

Agreed!