cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Annual Fee Barclaycard

Highlighted
Internationally Known

No Annual Fee Barclaycard

Anyone here has the no annual fee version of the Barclaycard? What are the differences with the Arrival Plus besides earning 1 miles / $ spend on regular purchases? Is there any difference between them in terms of redeeming the rewards? TIA

16 Replies
Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: No Annual Fee Barclaycard

Parkhopper, I don’t have the no fee Arrival but I have looked into it and this is what I found.  You might want to double check on this but unless you already have the Barclay Arrival no fee card it is no longer open to new applications, I have no idea if you can downgrade the Arrival Plus.  The redemptions are the same 1 point = 1 cent and they both have the the 5% back on points redemptions.  The difference is the earnings.  Jeff

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I was thinking about downgrading the Arrival Plus as I only use the card for travel-related expenses. If the travel cashback is the same, then what is the point of paying for the AF. I was wondering if there is any difference in miles redemption or not. Also, the travel community access still remains the same or not.

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

I dropped down to the no fee version of the card a couple of years ago. For me, it’s worth it to not have the fee, as i split purchases between a couple cards and mainly use my Barclay when I travel. I’m not 100% sure of all differences as I’ve forgotten over the years but When I had the arrival +, I believe you got 10% back when you redeemed miles? On the no fee version you only get 5% back, but you redeem the same way, every 2,500 is $25. 

Nationally Recognized

Travel community access is the same. I had the arrival plus the first couple years in this community, then switched, and access and earnings are the same within the community. It was a couple years ago, but when I called they were more than happy to down grade my account for me, and they explained the differences then, I just have a terrible memory! Haha

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I have the no AF version, and what everoyne has said here is correct. You earn less on non travel and dining, but you can redeem against charges starting at $25 instead of $100, which is nice. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I don’t think the no fee card is available any longer but could be wrong.  A quick phone call could clear that up, I’m sure.

please let us know what you find out!!

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Good to know. I have the arrival plus, but i would be interested in downgrading to the no annual fee version if it is available.

@Ihpie10 wrote:

I don’t think the no fee card is available any longer but could be wrong.  A quick phone call could clear that up, I’m sure.

please let us know what you find out!!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Please let us know, I am interested as well

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Agreed!