cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Arrival Premier card is here! Let's discuss!

Internationally Known

Re: Re: New Arrival Premier card is here! Let's discuss!

I'm bummed that there is neither an early spend bonus, nor the ability to transfer to miles at 1:1. I understand why Barclays doesn't want to provide both - it might be generous enough to be a loss leader. But once I heard that the card wouldn't have an early spend bonus, I was really hoping that there would be a 1:1 mileage transfer, especially to AA and maybe to Lufthansa Miles & More too.

I understand why the card has no true free lounge benefit. Those cards cost $395 to $550 a year. But yeah, the card does have a fairly high annual fee, and no 5% rebate when redeemed for travel. So the Arrival miles earned on this card are worth less than on Arrival/+. The card just grants high earning, but only just at/above 15k or at/above 25k of spend. And in essence, the card lets you buy various mileage currencies at 1.4 cents (or arrival points in this case) per mile. Or 1.7 for Jal. I think the card is a bit too niche to make it widely successful.

Internationally Known

Re: New Arrival Premier card is here! Let's discuss!

This may have been answered somewhere, but does anyone know if barclay travel community miles are earnable on the new Premier card? I know they said you can't transfer already earned arrival lus miles over to the Premier, but my question is can Premier card holders earn "barclay premier miles" by posting here on the Travel Community?

Community Manager

Hi @Stormtroopin2 Yes, Arrival Premier cardmembers are able to earn Travel Community participation miles to their account.  

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions! Thank you!

County Wise

Hi Bethany,

I'm a new Arrival Premier cardholder. We've recently seen that Aeroplan was added as a new transfer partner - is there any word on other new partners in the pipeline?

Thanks!