cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help getting customer service!!

Highlighted
County Wise

Need help getting customer service!!

I just got my Barclay Arrival Card and am having a nightmare trying to access my account online! I set up my user login, password, etc. with no problems. Then I logged out and tried to login again and now I keep getting an error message telling me

For security reasons, we have locked online access to your account.

Please follow the instructions to establish a new password.[I-1044]

I've tried following the instructions and no luck. I've called the customer service line on 2/22; 2/25 and again today on 2/28. Tonight I was transferred to 4 different people all of whom tell me that they have put a note on my file saying that I have a problem but it is not within the scope of their expertise to help me! They tell me to try again in 48 hours to logon and if that doesn't work then call them back!

This is the worst experience I've had with credit card company and I can't get anyone to respond to help me figure out the problem, let alone solve it. So the bonus miles for spending $1000 on this card are useless if I can't get online to set up a redemption.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get to someone at Barclay to help me? I'm at my wits end and feel like I'm just getting a big run around... HELP!!

9 Replies
Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Re: Need help getting customer service!!

The web support team has limited hours, so call during the business day and ask for online tech support dept. This is one area Barclay fails, the tech team is only available via transfer and I prefer calling a dept directly without having to explain/waste time with frontline reps.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @jotravel We apologize you are having issues logging into your Arrival account servicing. I have forwarded your post and information to our customer service and tech support teams. I should have an update shortly on the situation.

Highlighted
County Wise

Thank you both for responding to my cry for help!

Jennifer, would you prefer I do as suggested above and call now during regular office hours or wait to see what kind of response you receive? I'm game to try anything at this point...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @jotravel I would first recommend calling the number on the back of your card during regular business hours today. I am waiting on confirmation if there is a better/direct line for troubleshooting these type of login issues. However, our customer service team should be able to quickly direct you to the appropriate people to reset your account and correct the issue. Please let me know if you encounter any issues via telephone today and I will continue to keep you updated as well. Thank you again for your continued patience.

Highlighted
County Wise

Once again I have called customer service and talked to them and web support. Once again they had me go through the whole reset and set up new account with no results. The same security lock will not allow me online access to my account.

However, now they tell me that tech support will have a solution within 30 DAYS (no longer the 48 hour try back message). I am to try accessing my account every 7-10 DAYS now and call back if this continues to be a problem! Seriously Jennifer, is this acceptable customer service for Barclays??

I don't mean to take my frustrations out on you but I just can't believe this is such a difficult problem to resolve. I've never had a Barclay card before as far back as I can remember but is it possible that this is a fraud issue?

I'm gratefully for any help you can provide...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @jotravel I have forwarded your posts to our internal team for investigating. I've just received confirmation that they are looking into your specific case and will provide details and an update as soon as possible. We do apologize for this frustrating situation and will continue to provide updates. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @jotravel, I received confirmation yesterday from our Office of the President that they were able to contact you and are working with you directly to ensure you obtain login access as soon as possible. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. 

Highlighted
County Wise

Thank you Jennifer for all your help! I have been contacted directed and they are working on the problem but so far we have not been able to connect with a fix (the 2 hour time difference means we have different availability). I am feeling much more confident that this will now get resolved but I will post again once I've able to get past this glitch...

Thanks again!

Highlighted
County Wise

Well it's been over 4 weeks now since I first posted about the problems I've had trying to log on to my online account. Hard to believe but MY PROBLEM HAS STLL NOT BEEN RESOLVED!!

I have a contact at the Office of the President but that doesn't seem to have any pull with the tech support department. She is very nice but this is just ridiculous. I get the feeling that the only time anyone checks into my problem is when I call or email her. I've heard bad things from other websites about Baclay's customer service but seems to be beyond bad. I find it hard to believe that no one else has even had this problem (which is what I'm being told).

How can I escalate my problem or is this just the norm that I can expect? My husband wanted to get a Frontier credit card but when I found out it was through Baclay, I told him to forget it!

Frustrated!!

JoAnne