cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mile Redemption Experiences

Internationally Known

Mile Redemption Experiences

When I redeem miles for a travel statement credit I have noticed that there are always 1 or 2 additional miles deducted above the total number needed for the statement reimbursement.  Let's say the expense is $102.20, I reimburse the total amount for 10,220 points.  Every time, as I said, there will be an extra 1 or 2 points deducted (10221 or 10222 points).  While this is not a huge deal to me, I was curious if anyone else has experienced this.  This is not a complaint, I'm very thankful for all of the benefits, I'm just curious.  Other that this I have had exceptional experiences with redemptions.  

2 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Mile Redemption Experiences

I saw your note a little too late.  I just redeemed miles a few minutes ago.  I have never noticed what you have, but I probably wouldn't notice a mile, or two, difference.  I'll be sure to look for it next month.

By the way, did you ever hear back about your missing miles from last month, are this month's OK?

Internationally Known

Re: Mile Redemption Experiences

Traveler917,   No,  I never got any type of response.  My missing miles did show up with October's miles so I'm guessing they saw my email.

I'm not concerned about a mile or two extra for great redemptions, I'm just curious if it is only happening to me or everyone.