cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this card being eliminated?

Nationally Recognized

Is this card being eliminated?

I was just telling someone about this card, only to find the card page now a 404 (https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards/barclaycard-arrival-plus-world-elite-mastercard.html) and no mention on Browse Cards (https://home.barclaycardus.com/cards.html).

Has it been phased out?

8 Replies
City Slicker

Re: Is this card being eliminated?

It may be eliminated. I just looked on the barclays website and when you go to view all cards, the world arrival plus card is not an option. Which for me is upsetting, I just got this card like 6 months ago and really enjoy the earning style. I really hope they are not discontinuing this card. If that is the case I will be switching credit card companies for a different card. 

Nationally Recognized

Re: Re: Is this card being eliminated?

While the expanded URL includes "barclaycard-credit-cards/arrival-plus", the image shown and Apply Now button is yet again the Ring Mastercard. The plot thickens!

Internationally Known

Re: Re: Is this card being eliminated?

Well this is strange (and hopefully not ominous). This thread piqued my curiosity and I researched it as well, and it seems that the consensus on other online travel forums is that there are no working application links. To be fair, this could just be the result of Barclays cleaning up their links in advance of promoting the card under different terms (e.g. modifying the sign up bonus). I would say that the longer this situation (no working app links) persists, the more concerned we should be. 

At any rate, thanks for bringing the issue to the attention of the community! 

Community Manager

Re: Re: Re: Is this card being eliminated?

Hello Everyone, Just wanted to update this thread with the latest information. We have currently discontinued this offer so we can test and evaluate different offers to determine which is the most valuable to consumers. Nothing will change for cardmembers who already have the Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard. Current Arrival Plus cardmembers should continue using their card with confidence. 

City Slicker

Re: Re: Re: Is this card being eliminated?

I'm wondering, what happens when our Arrival or Arrival+ cards expire?

Community Manager

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is this card being eliminated?

@EmJayVeeEm, thanks for reaching out.  Nothing is scheduled to change for cardmembers who already have the Barclaycard Arrival Plus Mastercard.  Current Arrival Plus cardmembers should continue using their card with confidence.  Thanks,  ^JH

Stately Explorer

Re: Re: Re: Re: Is this card being eliminated?

Will there be no more free version?

Internationally Known

Re: Is this card being eliminated?

Good to see that the Arrival Plus is again being actively promoted, and with the best-ever offer, at that! 60k miles sign up bonus, with the annual fee waived for the first year! I know I would sign up if I didn't already have the card!

We can only hope that they'll soon add referral bonuses for existing cardholders.