cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does homeaway.com use a travel merchant code?

City Slicker

Does homeaway.com use a travel merchant code?

I found the barclay's answer for airbnb and vrbo but didn't see anyone ask about homeaway.com. Please advise, thanks!!

17 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Does homeaway.com use a travel merchant code?

Hi @longboard18 As long as homeaway.com's is using a merchant transaction category that falls within a "travel category," it should qualify. I am checking to verify with our internal team. Stay tuned for more details. Thank you!

Nationally Recognized

What IS the answer for VRBO and airbnb?  

City Slicker

Back on Jan2 the answer for VRBO and AirBNB was

"Hi @dadamn Thanks for asking this popular question. Let us check internally about how these items would be categorized. We will have details shortly. Our apologies for not replying back sooner!

Update:

AirBnB is typically billed under Travel Agencies and Tour Operators and would earn double miles, however VRBO does not qualify at this time."

Has it changed for VRBO under the change in terms or do they still not qualify?

City Slicker

What about toll booths and EZ pass? Do they come under travel?
City Slicker

Thanks for checking. I'm trying to quickly plan a last minute vacation rental for our 15 year anniversary.

Community Manager

Hi @longboard18 Correct, VRBO does not qualify at this time. If you have questions about your specific purchase activity you can call the number on the back of your card to speak directly with a Customer Service Representative. 

@Listener Toll booth charges are not typicallly charged by the merchants as a "Travel" category. I am verifying your question with our internal teams. Thank you for your patience.

City Slicker

VRBO/Homeaway.com Merchant Code Travel?

If you book on homeaway.com and make the payment through homeaway, will the homeaway charge that shows up be considered a travel charge (where you can use rewards for a statement credit)? What about airbnb.com? I'm looking at booking through both of these websites instead of a hotel, but need to be certain that I can use the rewards I have accumulated. Any help would be great!

Internationally Known

Re: VRBO/Homeaway.com Merchant Code Travel?

Not sure about Homeaway but I know airbnb qualifies.

Internationally Known

Re: VRBO/Homeaway.com Merchant Code Travel?

any update on this question? I am also wondering about booking through homeaway.com if that will count for travel redemption. I have booked through airbnb before and that counts and was fine. I know VRBO does not qualify.. anyone know about homeaway.com?