cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney World Hotel charges not coded as Travel

City Slicker

Disney World Hotel charges not coded as Travel

Just finished an awesome but expensive trip to Walt Disney World. I went to my Barclays Arrival portal to redeem my miles for travel statement credit for my Disney hotel room charges but the portal said I had no qualifying travel charges to redeem miles for. I called and was told that because the merchant description was “WDW RESORT AND HOTEL” that Barclays was coding these charges as “resort” charges which are not considered travel and therefore not qualified for travel statement credit.

Has anyone had this issue before? I understand that park tickets are not qualifying, but I’ve never heard of anyone having an issue with their hotel

room charges. I opened a claim, but am not sure what else to do. 

4 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Disney World Hotel charges not coded as Travel

Wow, that stinks!  Last fall I booked a Disneyland trip for my family (booked in fall, travel was this past spring).  I definitely redeemed miles to cover part of the package.  I booked directly via Disney, so our tickets and room at the Disneyland Hotel were all in one booking.  I can't recall how the charges broke down on my statement, though.  I just tried to log in and check on that, and although I am 100% sure I was entering my username and password correctly I got locked out of my account.  So... fun.  I literally just logged in 20 minutes ago to pay my bill!  Yeesh.  So, all that to say that I cannot confirm how my charges showed up on my statement. Maybe DLR and WDW stuff codes differently, though.  

Stately Explorer

Thanks for letting us know.

Nationally Recognized

OK, after my password shenanigans I've now logged in and looked.  When I booked the full vacation package at DLR (hotel + tickets), it coded this way on my statement:  DISNEY RESORTS-DRTS.  

I also double-checked, and I did redeem miles for a statement credit.  It seems strange to me that WDW and DLR would code differently.

City Slicker

Thank you for your responses and looking into it with me! I kept refreshing and checking thye portal and somehow, one of my charges for $287 was coded as travel. So I quickly redeemed that for miles! Just waiting on my "case" that I opened to resolve so I can redeem the rest of the miles.