cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chip+pin on Uber Visa?

Highlighted
City Slicker

Chip+pin on Uber Visa?

I have the ancient no-fee Arrival. I was recently in Copenhagen and the chip+pin worked like a charm at a ticket vending machine in the train station. My Chase card was of no use at that time. So there are benefits to having an Arrival card in Europe. 

Question - Does the Uber Visa also have a chip+pin system?  Has anyone tried it?

5 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Chip+pin on Uber Visa?

I don't have the Uber card, but several reviews / news articles about that card all indicate it has chip+pin as well.

City Slicker

Thanks for the info. I got the Uber Visa yesterday. It completely dominates the no-fee Arrival on all counts (except for the 5% cash back bonus which doesn’t override the extra points on Uber’s dining and travel). 

City Slicker

Recently used my arrival in London, and it ran as a chip and signature card every time rather than chip and pin.  Next overseas trip is to Copenhagen where I really want the chip and pin capability as I think chip and signature is a lot less common there.  But, directions to use the chip and pin say you have to use it somewhere that is "manned" before you can use at kiosk.  Not sure how to do this if it always defaults to chip and signature where available?  Since you used in Copenhagen, would appreciate any tips.

City Slicker

Once you use it someplace “manned,” the pin is activated, even if it was processed as a chip+signature transaction. After that you can use it in “unmanned” kiosks as chip+pin.  So you should be fine using it in Copenhagen. 

City Slicker

Thanks!