cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booking.com

City Slicker

Booking.com

So what is the deal with rewards through Booking.com? I booked a place in FL through the Booking.com website. I read there are triple reward points. After booking the merchant code is for Realestate /Rental tags so I can’t use points to cover this? If I book through the website shouldn’t that count for the travel reward redemption?

5 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Booking.com

I would have thought anything through booking.com would count as travel. Looks like they have different merchant codes based on the type of lodging that you go with. If I were you I would send a secure message via the barclays site explaining the situation. They likely have the ability to manually process the points redemption. Let us know how it goes.

Community Manager

Re:

Hello @dschaff72. Did you process this request through the Barclays Rewards Boost program? Thank you. ^DJ

City Slicker

Re: Re:

I did not therefore the boost points have been denied along with the ability to use points to pay for the stay due to the tags used by the resort management company. It seems that other than branded hotels or airline tickets points are worthless. 

Internationally Known

Re: Re:

Yes, it appears to be a matter of merchant coding. If you book any standard hotel through booking.com it should code correctly. However, booking.com now does a lot of what could be called short-term rental properties in addition to traditional hotels, and these may not code the same. I would definitely call Barclay about it. Actually your Arrival points do have many other applicable travel categories besides airlines and hotels, such as car rentals, trains, ferries, cruise lines, and many more. Good luck!

Community Manager

Re: Booking.com

Thank you for clarifying, @dschaff72 Many times we can manually credit the account for the difference, as long as the charge is a travel purchase. Please reach out to us at 1-888-232-0780, so an agent can set up a rewards case for you. Our agents are available 24/7. Thank you.