cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best use of your miles so far?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Best use of your miles so far?

Have you used your miles yet? What did you spent them on?

24 Replies
Highlighted
City Slicker

Participation miles

Are they worth getting?
Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Re: Participation miles

For sure! I collected almost 4k miles in a couple of days. That's more than I have with getting miles by using the actual card.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Best use of your miles so far?

I used some for an upcoming stay with airbnb in Sedona but mostly I'm saving my miles for a trip to Italy in fall 2015.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Hello, I'm a newbie and have a lot to learn. I know I'm looking at several years here but I dream of a trip to UK, Liverpool to be precise.  The math confuses me so much...how much money do I have to spend on my barclay card to earn such a trip/how many miles convert to dollars for that kind of thing. Approx $20,000 for my family and I.

Any insight helps. Thanks

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Hmm.  Well 20,000 points equates to about 200 for travel, so to get to 20,000 dollars worth would put you around, 2 million, correct?  It's late and my math may be wayyyyy off...dream big though, with everything put together, you may just get there :)

Highlighted
City Slicker

Yes , you would need 2 million points to cover 20,000 dollars.
Highlighted
County Wise

You must have a big family, minamouse, to require $20K for a trip to Liverpool. I am heading there in a couple of weeks, solo, at a much reduced cost. Here is how: -- A $535 round-trip ticket on American Airlines from Chicago to Dublin (flying to Dublin is less expensive than flying to the UK, this was a published fare when I bought it about a month ago). -- Then I'm on a ~140 Ryanair r/t flight from Dublin to Liverpool (be very careful with Ryanair and follow all their rules exactly, else you will pay extortionate fees). -- Six nights at the Holiday Inn Express Liverpool Airport (I used free hotel points, but you can also pay relatively little for a room there and also at the Hampton Inn Airport).  -- I plan to take the city bus into Liverpool every morning to see the city and take a couple of Beatles tours. When I've seen enough of Liverpool, I plan on day trips via bus or high-speed train to Manchester, Chester, York and Warwick. Good luck to you, I hope these ideas will help you fulfill your dream.

County Wise

I forgot to add that a Barclay Arrival+ card yields 2.2% (soon to be 2%) on spending, so spending $1 million will get you 2 million points, which will offset $20,000 of travel spend.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Thanks Swooper. That was more of a very high estimate I used. Surely it should be less. Very helpful explanation!!! Thx again :) enjoy your trip! Go Liverpool Football Club ;)