cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays customer service during COVID 19 is awful!!!

Highlighted
City Slicker

Barclays customer service during COVID 19 is awful!!!

Trying to get Barclay customer service to refund a disputed travel charge is like have a root canal go wrong!

I have send private message ( no answer)

I have called ( he was hard to understand and could not help)

I have a disputed case number: CIS0527275 which I was told does not show in their computer.

I had to pay this yesterday just to make sure I don't get hit with interest ( which I heard Barclay is famous for doing)

So Barclay what the excuse now???

10 Replies
Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Barclays customer service during COVID 19 is awful!!!

Please be nice.  It's not the individual service rep's fault there's a global pandemic disrupting the lives of pretty much everyone on Planet Earth. 

Highlighted
City Slicker

If I could get a hold of a customer service rep, it would be a nice start!

Highlighted
County Wise

To retain your rights as a card holder, I would write an old fashioned letter disputing the charge and send it via registered mail, return receipt.

That is assuming that it's not a trivial amount and you continue to have problems reaching Barclays by other means.

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

The OP is absolutely correct.  I have cards with all the major issuers, and Barclays has had the slowest response time of them all (not to mention the lack of chat, which all the rest have).

As an Arrival Premier holder, I really expected more.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Moe. Sounds like our high call and message volumes delayed our response to you. We are working as quickly as possible to respond to all customers requesting assistance during this unprecedented time. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you, and I'll do my best to help. Thanks, Kim

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Hi Kim,

Thanks for replying!

As a matter of fact, I would highly appreciate your help.

The "miles transfer" redemption option has been removed/disappeared from my Arrival Premier with no prior notice.  I am not talking about using miles to "erase" charges, rather transfering my miles to airline frequent flyer programs.

No rep has any clue about what I'm talking about or that this option ever existed.  Unless this gets resolved, the card will definitely be cancelled in June, as the ability to convert Barclays miles to frequent flyer programs was a key part of having the card.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi moe8555: The Miles Transfer issue has been fixed and should be available for you now. Please let me know if you experience any further problems. Thanks, Kim

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Thank you, indeed the option has returned (unfortunately along with a massive devaluation on transfers to JAL!!!).

But thanks to your efforts, now I will be able to renew the card another year instead of canceling (feel free to show your boss for brownie points :-) )

Highlighted
Community Manager

You're welcome. We're happy to have you as a valued customer. Have a great day and thanks for the brownie points!  ;) ^Kim