cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Thanks to the moderators for commenting and keeping us updated.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Is there any way to refer or get an invite for someone personally?  A link or email submission or something?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

@Liketraveling I'm a Founding Member of this community, I know it very well. 

@BCUSCare_Travel Thanks for the insight. I hope Barclays allows product changes to Plus and Premier. I would love to swap my card.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

@Emeritus, just saw that you joined already in 2013! Wow, congrats! Did not realize that you were on board for such a long time. 33 stories in 6+ years did not convince me that you were very familiar with the site...just saying :-) Guess we will see more from you going forward. 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I don't think joining at an early date, then not participating in the community can classify someone as "knowing full well how the community works."  Even if that person is among the first members.  I joined in November 2014.  I didn't participate for almost 4 years because I forgot all about joining the community.  I missed a lot.  Just because my membership says 2014 doesn't mean I know more about the community than someone that joined in 2019.  I am not afraid to ask for advice or take constructive criticism.  I agree with Liketraveling, this is a travel community and as far as I have seen the majority of us have a lot of fun here and if someone has personal issues with their card it is better to handle it with BarclayCard directly, not here.  

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

@Liketraveling What are you trying to accomplish by pointing out my 33 stories in six years? Participation is not a prerequisite to be familiar; Travel Stories has nothing to do with Discussions. Do you realize they are two different parts of the community? This section is for questions about Arrival, and since my question wasn't account-specific, this was indeed the appropriate place to ask it. Others learned new information thanks to that question.

@gefe57 I never said any of that, but I happen to be someone you could classify as "knowing full well how the community works." The community isn't just about traveling; in fact, this very section exists to discuss the Arrival cards. Barclays allows us to provide feedback and generally discuss the products independent of our participation in Travel Stories. I agree about directing account specific queries to CS. However, ultimately it is best to leave that determination to the BCUS Staff.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

@Emeritus, you wrote: "@BCUSCare_Travel I don't want to cancel my account; however, if you eliminate Arrival, I would likely do so. I'm stuck with Barclays Arrival and would love to convert back to Arrival Plus or even Arrival Premier. Can we get the option for product change?". Sounds like a very personal account issue to me...but who am I to judge?

No offense...this is a friendly community site and we would like to keep it this way. Compared to other social media sites, this one feels like a real community with a common purpose which is travel. Many of us got to know each other over the months and unfortunately, you were not part of it as you did not participate in any of the other discussions and did not post any new travel stories. But it is never to late to change your mind...

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

@Liketraveling Barclays is currently not allowing anyone to PC or apply for Arrival Plus or Premier. So my post was broadly written; because it isn't specific to just me.

I agree this is a great community; I wish more issuers launched official forums. However, if you want to maintain a friendly atmosphere, you need to lead by example. Your reply trying to impugn my participation failed to advance your stated goal. And thank you, I've been thinking about posting some Travel Stories so may do just that! 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I think your response was appropriately directed to the right forum. I wish other credit cards had a social platform like this. Also, I am really grateful that Barclay is still maintaining this community.  

@

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Nice to know. I wish Barclay bring it back. I have family who want to join.