cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Internationally Known

Re: Arrival + Being Discontinued?

I wouldn't read too much into the pulling of the card. This has happened before with this card, not all that long ago, and the only thing that was going on was that Barclays was changing its signup bonus offer. Given that the recent bonus on this card was a historical high, I'd say that's most likely what is happening again. Of course I could be wrong. Bottom line is these bloggers don't always know what is going on, and sometimes fail to take historical context into account.

Internationally Known

@Stormtroopin2 wrote:

I wouldn't read too much into the pulling of the card. This has happened before with this card, not all that long ago, and the only thing that was going on was that Barclays was changing its signup bonus offer. Given that the recent bonus on this card was a historical high, I'd say that's most likely what is happening again. Of course I could be wrong. Bottom line is these bloggers don't always know what is going on, and sometimes fail to take historical context into account.

Well said. I am not getting too concerned yet. I suspect that for those of us who already have the card, everything will continue as normal. The card might just get reincarnated with a slightly different name or slightly different terms.

Internationally Known

Of course, never forget that bloggers are ultimately trying to make money. There is nothing wrong with this, but as in any other type of media, dramatic headlines sell. If a blogger can make an exciting story out of this, then you know that he or she will.

Internationally Known

So true.