cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Re: Arrival + Being Discontinued?

@parkhopper Thanks, I agree it's excellent this community still exists. And wow that's a trip down memory lane, I remember them all and many others from the early days. Glad to see you're still here too! 

Idk if this is old news, but on another forum, someone posted this article about Barclays: https://viewfromthewing.com/barclays-will-focus-more-on-co-brand-cards-so-expect-new-mileage-earning... 

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

@BCUSCare_Travel wrote:

Hi Emeritus, Thank you for reaching out. At this time, the Arrival Plus product is being offered on an invitational basis only. We are unsure if it will be available to anyone in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we do truly appreciate your business. Thank you, ^KD

So how does one invite or get an invite? I've been pestering my wife for EONS to get her own and I only *just* learned one cannot apply anymore. =(

Highlighted
City Slicker

Is there a way for me get an invite email for Arrival Premier? I've been using my Barclay Arrival+ as my main card for 8+ years! I was about to upgrade when you guys suddenly pulled the plug. 

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

@Pakster wrote:

Is there a way for me get an invite email for Arrival Premier? I've been using my Barclay Arrival+ as my main card for 8+ years! I was about to upgrade when you guys suddenly pulled the plug. 

It's been long since discontinued and not coming back. Other CC forums said it was a money loser for Barclays so they nixed it. I came this close to getting it but never pulled the trigger.

Highlighted
City Slicker

Bummer!! Such regrets not getting it sooner. 😞

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

@Pakster The issue was no one was signing up, and they never allowed conversions. Barclays eventually waived the annual fee for the first year, but it looks like nothing worked. The last official statement from Barclays about the card was that they were evaluating the results and planned to talk to customers about it. I'm still interested in Premier, but only if I could convert my existing Arrival account. I hope they relaunch the card because I love the loyalty bonus for the first $25,000 in annual spending.

Highlighted
City Slicker

@Emeritus wrote:

@Pakster The issue was no one was signing up, and they never allowed conversions. Barclays eventually waived the annual fee for the first year, but it looks like nothing worked. The last official statement from Barclays about the card was that they were evaluating the results and planned to talk to customers about it. I'm still interested in Premier, but only if I could convert my existing Arrival account. I hope they relaunch the card because I love the loyalty bonus for the first $25,000 in annual spending.

I was so close in pulling the trigger. I was on the phone with the Barclay agent, I asked "can I upgrade my arrival+ to arrival premier?" She said yes, then I told her okay thanks, I'll think about it!

I was younger then, so I wasn't sure do I want to pay extra $50 in annual fees if I don't know can I spend $15000 or $25000 a year.

When I finally decide to upgrade, it's not available anymore. And now I'm done with school, I'm totally spending that much and wish I had upgraded then when I called 😩

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Any word yet on how someone can receive an invite to the Arrival card? Mods? Thanks!

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

@Pakster wrote:

@Emeritus wrote:

I was so close in pulling the trigger. I was on the phone with the Barclay agent, I asked "can I upgrade my arrival+ to arrival premier?" She said yes, then I told her okay thanks, I'll think about it!

I was younger then, so I wasn't sure do I want to pay extra $50 in annual fees if I don't know can I spend $15000 or $25000 a year.

When I finally decide to upgrade, it's not available anymore. And now I'm done with school, I'm totally spending that much and wish I had upgraded then when I called 😩

I almost pulled the trigger on it as well but when I called and asked if I could upgrade my card they said a flat out no. I had to apply separately for it.

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

I also want to express interest in getting invited to Premier.  Feel free to convert my account to Arrival Premier. Thank you.