Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Internationally Known

Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Lots of rumors abound. 

What do you guys think?

32 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Arrival + Being Discontinued?

I sure hope not. I love my Arrival Plus! I don't know if Barclays is planning on closing it to new applicants anytime (credit card companies do this on a fairly regular basis), but I hope the Barclays would at least continue to maintain the card for us loyal card holders.

Of course, I am still keeping the now-defunct Arrival Premier in the back of my mind in case Barclays reintroduces it. As I mentioned in another forum, if Barclays brings back the Arrival Premier, and I can do a product upgrade and keep my miles, I will very seriously consider upgrading.

City Slicker

It is being discontinued. They already removed it from their website. I'm surprised they haven't sent an email to cardholders about what this means for them. I JUST got this card 2 weeks ago.

Internationally Known

According to the travel blog The Boarding Area, they say it is being discontinued as of today.  It doesn’t say anything about options.  I hope it is just being closed to new applicants.  It doesn’t make sense that the card would be discontinued for everyone because they just had a huge signup bonus offer that I believe ends today (70,000 miles after $5,000 spend).  We can only wait and see and hope for the best.

Internationally Known

@gefe57 wrote:

According to the travel blog The Boarding Area, they say it is being discontinued as of today.  It doesn’t say anything about options.  I hope it is just being closed to new applicants.  It doesn’t make sense that the card would be discontinued for everyone because they just had a huge signup bonus offer that I believe ends today (70,000 miles after $5,000 spend).  We can only wait and see and hope for the best.

I agree. I would be flabbergasted if Barclays discontinued the Arrival Plus entirely - unless they re-brand it and transition as to the new card.

Internationally Known

Any clue what this could mean for accumulated points?

Internationally Known

I’ve been trying to look into this more online and there isn’t much to be found except as of June 7th they are not accepting anymore new applications for the Arrival Plus.  If I remember correctly didn’t Barclaycard do this just before they introduced the Premier?  I’m going to hope it is just being discontinued for new card applications and current card holders are still good to go.  Not much info to be found.  I think it would be very bad for Barclaycard if the card disappeared along with our accumulated points because I, for one, would cancel my other three cards i have through them.

Internationally Known

Sure hope the doomsday scenerio doesn't occur, but I'd think the worst that would probably happen is that the card would transition to another card with less benefits (like losing the 5% redemption bonus and/or no travel community points) but since all our points have already credited to our card accounts (except for ones since 6/1) we'd definitely keep those. Points since 6/1, anybody's guess. But if this travel community goes, I go.

Internationally Known

So Barclays currently only has co-branded credit cards? That seems odd. I can’t imagine that they won’t issue their own card in some form. 

Really hoping that this community doesn’t go away.

Internationally Known

A quick question for you guys. I just downgraded my Arrival to the No Fee version. Do you know if the card and the community are still linked? If I remember correctly it was actually really burdensome to link my original card to the community, so I am hoping to not have to do that again....