cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Re: Arrival + Being Discontinued?

Mrbigglesworth0 makes a very good point about the Arrival + not getting as much press as some other cards from other companies. Indeed, this card does not seem to get as much fawning press from bloggers as other cards, yet it is still a really awesome card for many travelers. I like the fact that I can use my miles for any airline, any car rental company, and any hotel without worrying about blackout dates, etc. Although I am loyal to one Hotel Portfolio (Hilton), I like being able to shop around for the best deals to get good value for my miles. The Arrival + allows you to snag that ridiculously low fare Tuesday Morning Red Eye Special on a no-frills airline without fear of a blackout date.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

It is true that the Arrival Plus has not received the recognition as other cards and it does not come with all the "bells and whistles" as some of my other cards, but it is one of my main go to cards because of its flexibility.  I have used my Arrival miles mainly for tours booked through Viator and I paid for our up coming cruise with Arrival miles.  These are two types of travel I cannot cover as easily with other points. I will use a different card that comes with primary rental car insurance for car rentals and hotel co-branded cards for hotel stays, like BelfryBat, I'm primarily loyal to Hilton so I use my Aspire card.  

with all that said, @Mrbigglesworth0, I'm with you in that I will be keeping my Arrival plus card until they pry it from my wallet.  I'm still hoping they have a return with a more beneficial premium Arrival card.  

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I think the Arrival Plus is an excellent card in several respects, and I plan to keep it. The fact it isn't open to new applications is somewhat worrisome for the future. I felt their try at introducing a premium card didn't succeed because the amount users would have to spend on it to see real benefits vs. other options was just too much for most people. I would not mind seeing another effort. 

Internationally Known

I remember last December or January was when they rolled out the high signup bonus for the arrival plus.  I was hoping they were on a similar schedule this year bringing it back.  I have a line of referrals (4-5 family members) waiting for the word that its rereleased.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I, too, would love to see the card come back. We dragged our feet on my partner getting the card when it was available and now we regret it. If it came back, we would jump on it and he could finally join the community!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I also think this is a great card and I use it a lot (maybe TOO much LOL).  

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

@BCUSCare_Travel I don't want to cancel my account; however, if you eliminate Arrival, I would likely do so. I'm stuck with Barclays Arrival and would love to convert back to Arrival Plus or even Arrival Premier. Can we get the option for product change? 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

@Emeritus, why don't you get in touch with Barclays' credit card customer service to discuss your personal issues? Hope you realize that this is a travel community...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Emeritus, Thank you for reaching out. At this time, the Arrival Plus product is being offered on an invitational basis only. We are unsure if it will be available to anyone in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we do truly appreciate your business. Thank you, ^KD

Highlighted
Internationally Known

@BCUSCare_Travel wrote:

Hi Emeritus, Thank you for reaching out. At this time, the Arrival Plus product is being offered on an invitational basis only. We are unsure if it will be available to anyone in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we do truly appreciate your business. Thank you, ^KD

So, if the card is being issued by invite only, that should mean that it is still being issued, right? If so, that is a good sign. As long as the card is being issued somehow (albeit by invite only), that hopefully means that it will not be discontinued. I hope not at least.