cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

widgets

Highlighted
Internationally Known

widgets

Occassionally I will see a message that says "this widget can't be displayed" on a person's story. Wondering if anyone knows what that is?

Also, I haven't been able to give out 100 kudos a day. I give them out in chunks of 50, so it's pretty easy to keep track of. Last night I gave 50 and this morning it only let me do about 25/30 and then it said I met my 100 for the day, which doesn't make sense to me because I always give the out in chunks of 50.  Maybe I don't understand how it works. Does anyone else have this problem?  

4 Replies
Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Re: widgets

Not sure about the widgets thing. In terms of the kudos, I've given up trying to track how many I do. I wanted to do 50 at a time, too, but I think I got off course somehow--probably got distracted and did fewer than that one day--so sometimes I'll get the same message about having already done 100 for the day. But since it's a rolling 24-hour period (I believe), if I wait an hour or two, it'll often let me do more until I get another message about the 50 or 100 limit. I basically just hop on whenever I think about it and give out kudos til I can't anymore! :) 

Highlighted
Internationally Known

@trips4me, the maximum number of kudos that can be given is 50 per hour and 100 per day. Unfortunately, this is on a 24 hour rolling period. And only kudos given for travel stories are worth 10 cents, kudos on topics or discussions are not worth any money for whatever reason.
You said that you usually give kudos in blocks of 50. Say you gave the first 50 on day 1 between 8 and 8:10 am (5 kudos a minute, 50 in 10 minutes), you will only be able to give a full block of 50 after 08:10 am the following day. If you start earlier on day 2, say at 08:05 am, you will only be able to give 25 as the last 5 minutes of day 1 still count towards the 24 hour rolling period. 
I said on several occasions that I am no fan of this rolling period. You always have to watch the clock and it gets annoying sometimes. Why not just keep it simple and allow 50 per hour and 100 max per day? Maybe we should start a petition?

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Yeah, I'm no fan of the rolling period. It's too confusing to keep track. I thought I had a system figured out, but i guess not. Thanks Liketraveling for explaining things for me again. I know I have asked this question before (or maybe even 3 times!) I'll just give up and go with MissMint's layed back strategy of just hopping on and kudoing until the message to stop comes up! 

As far as the widgets, I was just wondering if that was something from the Barclays backend or something else?  

Highlighted
Internationally Known

I occasionally see the widget you are talking about, but only on the most recent story posted.  I assume it is just a case of me going to the home page just as someone else has posted a story.  It goes away when I hit the home page again.  

Totally in agreement with the rolling period for the kudos.  I, too, would prefer a straight 100 per day.  But, beggars can't be choosers.