cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stopped at 54 kudos

Internationally Known

stopped at 54 kudos

Anyone else having problems with giving kudos today? This morning I gave 50 kudos - got the red message saying I exceeded the 50 kudos in an hour. Then went to work, and now just gave exactly 4 kudos and another red message popped up saying I have hit my 100 limit for the day. 

Not a big deal, I guess.  I will just have to catch up tomorrow 

3 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: stopped at 54 kudos

It is confusing, but the kudos limit is a rolling 24 hour period, it doesn’t reset at midnight each night. So if you give 50 kudos at 6PM, and then you give 40 kudos at 8PM, you’ll only be able to give 10 more kudos until 6PM the next day when they start rolling off. Hopefully that makes sense!

Internationally Known

@trips4me: as Markr867 said, the system is sometimes a bit confusing if not a bit frustrating.

In your case, you got the first warning when you exceeded 50 kudos in one hour (the max you can give in 1 hour). When the hour was over, you were able to continue giving additional kudos until you reached the total of 100 kudos within a 24 hour period. Seems you already gave 46 kudos earlier within that 24 hour period, maybe the night before?

Personally, I find it slightly annoying that we also have to watch the time. I rarely succeed in giving new kudos exactly when the 24 hour period is over, which means it gets later and later in the day until someday I won't be able to make it at all (that's because I tend to sleep past  11:30 pm :-)

Internationally Known

Thanks both for your replies. That sounds about right to me and makes more sense now!