cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You do not have sufficient privileges or resources" notification?

Nationally Recognized

"You do not have sufficient privileges or resources" notification?

I just received a notice that said  "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action. Click your browser's Back button to continue" only to find a very detailed post I had written had disappeared. I am starting a new thread in the discussions because this seems a little different from the other types of recent disappearing stories that have been happening but I was wondering if anyone knows why. 

I just came back from a 7 city tour of China so I have started posting a lot of stories, but really only maybe 6 or 7. This one was to include details about my hotel, the food scene, and a place to catch some sleep in the airport, as well as some little shops that tourists might find helpful. Is there any kind of content in there that I shojld be weary of? It all seems pretty middle of the road to me, and is exactly thed type of "random information" I look to travel sites for when I want to know how to get around a little easier in a city and need info I can't find in a tourism bureau brochure.

Any advice is appreciateed, as I really get frustrated when I waste my time!

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: "You do not have sufficient privileges or resources" notification?

I have occassionally seen this, but can't remember the exact circumstances. I don't think it's a consistent problem. I believe it may happen when I have the site open in 2 different tabs, and try to post something in the tab that's newly opened, and the first tab has some kind of priority or something. Did you possibly have 2 tabs of the site going? Only thing I can think of right now. Another reason I always copy a story to wordpad or something before I submit it in case it disappears to keep from having to rewrite it.

Nationally Recognized

Thanks, Ed. I'll check that out next time. I used to have a problem when I submitted more than 3 stories about a place (I can still only do 4) but it used to only happen once in a while, so I used to be in the habit of saving the story. Maybe I'll have to hop on that train again. I also think it happened once when I was reviewing the same restaurant for the second time accidentally (I had mistakenly chosen the same location of a chain instead of a new location) but I can't recall mentioning any of the places I mentioned in my travel details this time around. Still, your feedback and advice is much appreciated! FWIW I like seeing your bike trips. Once I biked from Amsterdam to Paris and it was an amazing trip. Hopefully I can get some more bike friendly trips in soon!

Internationally Known

Wow, I'll bet that was one epic trip! Would love to read some stories about that one. I've never done any long distance stuff, just day tripping out from a central base. One of these days though....;)

Nationally Recognized

It was really epic and awesome! Unfortunately, when we got to Paris my partner was riding one handed on a cobblestone street while taking a video and our camera and all of its photos wound up in a canal, so I don't have a whole lotta visual memories about the trip. I will say if you ever have a chance, go for it. Local people tend to treat bike tourists really differently and I can't even tell you how many people struck up conversations with us and invited us in for meals and gave us advice, etc. It was really great and it feels like a much more intimate way to travel, even if you are just passing through an area.

Internationally Known

Unfortunately I have had it happen several times and I still haven’t figured out why. I have had a story freeze when I attempt to forward to the add pictures section, I try the back arrow and I think that’s when I get that notification most often and, yes, my stories have disappeared before I can even add a picture.  Now if it freezes I make sure I copy the story first before I do anything else.  The regardless of whatever notification I get I just start over and paste the story, add pics and usually that takes care of it.  

Internationally Known

I just got another one of these notifications.  It came when i was checking my stories on my iPad and saw that the story I had just posted and received two Kudos, A Tiny Chapel, had disappeared.  I checked my laptop (that's what I used to post my story) and saw the story.  I attempted to open the story and got the big Red Box with that notification and POOF my story is gone.  What a bummer.  That was number 100 for the month now I have to rewrite it.  

Internationally Known

Twice in a row.  I just got the message again when I tried to edit the same story and POOF it disappeared again.  Just made my third attempt at the same story.