cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Community Miles on Profile Page

Internationally Known

Re: Zero Community Miles on Profile Page

I saw a post today in one of the credit card blogs that Barclays Arrival Plus has been taken down from some of their sites. This happened last year when they introduced the now-defunct ArriVal Premier card. I remember, last year travel community website had a long downtime during Barclays product/website upgrade. Hopefully, we are seeing something on a similar line and the website will be back and running soon after the product updates.
However, I heard something else too today. One of my friends applied and got approved for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus today. I told him about the travel community and he was excited to join as well. When he tried to search the Travel Community link inside his credit card account he could not find it. But, I could see that in my account. Maybe Barclay is taking down the community too at least for the new applicants as it looked like for my friend today.

Internationally Known

Hmmmm. Interesting. When I log into my Barclaycard account, under the  Services tab, I see the message below. Hopefully it is just a glitch with your friend's account and it will be resolved. 

Travel Community

Your Travel Community Profile is linked to your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard account.
Earn miles for your community participation, connect with other travelers, and share travel ideas and tips. Any miles you earn from your community activity will automatically be added to your Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard.
Click here to visit the Barclaycard Travel Community

RJean
Internationally Known

Interesting discussions.

Admittedly, I would be greatly saddened if this community went away. I have gained a wealth of knowledge on here and this community has definitely kept me engaged with my Arrival Plus card. This community was the deciding factor for me when I was considering applying for two or three different cards. I had several options and I decided on the Arrival Plus because of this community. I am currently thinking about some overseas trips as well as Hawaii which I would put on my Arrival Plus. Of course, I would plan to write stories about these trips as well.

As far as the Arrival Premier card is concerned, I really wanted to apply for it. Only two factors stopped me. One factor was the inability to do a product upgrade. The second factor was the inability to transfer my community miles to the Arrival Premier. Had I been able to do a product upgrade and transfer my miles to the new card, I would have definitely applied for an upgrade. I am very happy with my Arrival Plus, but the premier would have offered some additional perks that would have been worth paying for based on my travel habits.

Internationally Known

ahh same here! I logged on yesterday and saw ZERO miles too. I slept it off and logged in again today and I'm still showing ZERO miles, but my profile is linked....

I thought I the only one with the issue since I've seen previous messages on the thread with other people saying they're miles were shown after a day or two.

Internationally Known

Now, on my credit card site, it says I am linked, but on my travel community profile, it says I am not linked. And I have 0 points as well. Hopefully it will reset later this morning. Double aaarrrggghhh. 

RJean
Internationally Known

Hopefully we will get an update soon. My profile still says zero. I will have to check to see if my card is linked. I hope there is no truth to this site going away. That would be sad! 

Internationally Known

Im gonna ventutre to guess that we are all still linked.  If your May miles posted to your Arrival account, like mine did, we are still linked it's just a glitch.  I agree Trips4me, hopefully we will get an update soon. 

Internationally Known

Linked To Barclay Credit Card or Not?

I am still the same boat with everyone who shows a 0 balance in my profile, but now I seem to have new issue. My profile says my account is not linked to my credit card, yet when I log into my credit card account, it says that I am.

Is anyone else having this issue?

RJean
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

We have identified the issue and will be deploying the fix as soon as possible. You are correct that you are still linked, and miles tracking is still happening, on the backend. Bascially, in non-technical terms, the connection that makes your miles total display on your profile changed to a new connection.  Therefore, the default setting shows is zero miles and unlinked for everyone. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience. Thank you!

Internationally Known

Glad to hear that Barclays is on top of the issue. Guess in the meantime most of us are much more relaxed about hiccups knowing that the backend is still fully functioning. @jenniferh and team, please continue to keep us in the loop...thx