cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no notifications when someone comments on a story?

Internationally Known

Why no notifications when someone comments on a story?

Is there a way to get notifications when someone comments on your stories? I sometimes have a question on a story and leave a comment and of course the author never sees it. It would be nice if these notifications could be possible in the future.

10 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Why no notifications when someone comments on a story?

I hope they consider additing notification for this also! It would be nice to be able to reply to someone asking for travel tips and vice versa :)

Internationally Known

Yes! I recently read a story on Copenhagen and we are headed there for spring break. I had so many questions and other than starting a discussion and hoping they answer, I don't have anyway to get some answers :(

Internationally Known

@kranzie10: I raised this issue quite a while ago. It would be so much more interactive if we would get notifications on comments that somebody left. I had many occasions where I wanted to ask some questions (such as about safety, itinerary, tour or individual travel, recommendations, accommodations and you name it). But I was aware that the author does not know that I commented on his/her story....Even saying: "hey, this is a really good shot" or "I really enjoyed reading your story" is senseless, which is a pity. But keep on asking, maybe they change it at some point?? (can't give you a kudo for it, am in "kudo jail" at the moment as I exceeded the daily limit...sorry)

Internationally Known

I would absolutely love this feature, and it is quite needed, IMO. This site is meant to be interactive, but we can’t be expected to look at all of our stories each day in the offchance that someone commented. Hope the mods can pass along this feedback and have the feature added.

Community Manager

Hi @kranzie10 thanks for your question! 

Notifications for story comments and other areas of the site can be adjusted in Profile Settings: Community Home -> My Settings : Subscriptions & Notifications. 

Click here to check out an existing thread on this same topic and a screen grab for navigating notifications settings. 

Thank you! 

Internationally Known

So it will only notify people who have this preference turned on then? I was hoping it could be something that you always got a notification about, like when you sign on to your page and see who kudoed your stories.  

Internationally Known

@BethanyM: the setting you describe seems to be the default option. The only line that is not ticked is "Notify me when I post, reply, submit a review, or comment" but that does not seem to be of any help. Why would you want to receive an email on a comment you make? So the question remains, how do we get a notification if someone else posts a comment on our story? Am I wrong? Happy to learn...

Internationally Known

Internationally Known

@Ed4000: thanks for posting our previous conversation. Now I remember your answer again. Obviously, this is not the solution everybody is looking for...Nothing has changed in the meantime :-(