cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do cities you write stories about not automatically add to your travel map?

Nationally Recognized

Why do cities you write stories about not automatically add to your travel map?

Just curious why when you write stories about certain cities, it doesn’t update to the “your travels” map? Would be a neat feature if it did this. 

7 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Why do cities you write stories about not automatically add to your travel map?

My travel map has been completely blank for over a year, I've given up on that feature. I'm pretty sure originally it did automatically add cities to it when I added a story...

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Re: Why do cities you write stories about not automatically add to your travel map?

That’s strange. I feel like when I started that wasn’t the case, but I was inactive for quite a few years so I barely remember even writing my first few stories haha. 

It would be nice if they added that feature in, but I know they’ve been going through technical difficulty with the points so that’s more important at this point. Just a note for the future i guess. 

Internationally Known

It used to add the stories, but they said they wanted to make the site more “mobile friendly” and the map took too long to load on phones so they discontinued it.

Nationally Recognized

Oh gotcha. That makes sense! I was just curious. Thanks for the info! 

Community Manager

Hello! 

Thank you @markr867 for helping out here and providing the correct answer. 

@dallasp92 at anytime you are able to manually pin destinations on your profile map to showcase the locations you have traveled to! 

@Julia12345 we moved your post a few minutes ago to the abuse archive as it duplicated content. If you have any specific questions related to our thread here, please feel free to join in. 

Thank you. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Nationally Recognized

Thank you, Bethany! I knew that I could manually add them, I just always seem to forget to do it, and now that I have so many places that need added, it just seems like it would take too much time - haha. No big deal though :)

Nationally Recognized

That makes sense.... But it would be really nice if our stories connected to the map so we could look at someone's profile to see who's really an expert in that area in case we are planning a vacation and want some helpful hints before we go...  :) Just a thought...