cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where oh Where Did My Story Go?

Internationally Known

Where oh Where Did My Story Go?

Well even after taking a break from writing stories I can see the system is still Goofy.  I wrote one story this morning and went off to get some more coffee and, POOF!  It was just like I never logged on to the site.  My story was gone.  This is getting a little old, I hope the moderators can get this problem fixed.  And guess what, I didn't save the narrative so I have to recreate it.  Lessons learned over and over again......

12 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Where oh Where Did My Story Go?

Once again, I spent the time to write a story, add pictures and a detail about Kailua Bay, the story posted and I went off to write another story.  After finishing my next story, POOF, the previous story was gone.  Barclay can someone please look into this problem?  There was nothing inappropriate about the story.  Now I have to try it again.

Nationally Recognized

This is a first for me, although I have sometimes had difficulty posting details. Today I tried to post a story about How Ormond Beach Got Its Name, and, as you said poof, it was gone, no where to be found. So, I patiently reposted it and this time it did post, but not the details. I have five details to go with my photos and I've tried three times to post them, but the system won't take them. Help please.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

That’s a new one.  Did you try opening the story after it posted and editing the story to add details?   I’ve had luck that way when I was having bad luck the right way.  

Nationally Recognized

Yes, I did, three times with no luck. I'm going to try again today. Thanks.

- I just did it and it worked this time. May the poor thing was tired yesterday.

Happy Traveling

Internationally Known

Story disappearing is not new, but it is frustrating. Just posted a story about the "Bolivia visa on arrival" for which I spent quite a bit for giving full details with more than 400 words, but miraculously disappeared after I got a kudo. Not sure what trigget automatic removal of stories as I experienced this quite a few times.  Will try to change the title and post again, but I hope there is a clear information what "may" trigger automatic removal. 

Internationally Known

It must be something today.  I tried several time to post a story about statues in Florence and it disappeared numerous times or just flat out told me that there was a posting error.  I changed the title more than once and even tried different locations, poooof!  Gone even after a kudo.  I removed a couple of the photos, maybe they didn’t like the famous naked David statue.  Finally after about 8 attempts I got it posted.  Hopefully it’s not starting again.  Good luck to us all.

Internationally Known

A funny thing happened in Storyland today.  One of my stories that kept disappearing just reappeared.  Now I have two of the same story.  I wonder what that does to my city count.  It changed my number of stories authored.  Bizarre!

Internationally Known

That's strange, but in a good way, at least it counts as a posted story. I wish the 5 I have lost would reappear. What kind of magic wand do you have?

RJean
Internationally Known

I wish I had a wand.  I have lost so many since I started and this is the first to reappear.  Yes, it is good in a way but I feel a little starnge because there are two of the same story, but with  different names, next to each other on my profile.  Oh well, I didn't plan it happening.