cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the rule/consensus for cities that allow >5 stories because of different zip codes?

Internationally Known

Re: Where is the rule/consensus for cities that allow >5 stories because of different zip codes?

@gefe57, so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.  I wouldn’t be able to think or write stories either if I was going through that.  

I’m not going through any loss and I find it hard to keep up with story writing. I’m slowing down this month, 100 stories a month is too exhausting and I’ve managed to do that for about 6 months. I don’t know how those in the 2,000+ story club do it!

And @bumblebun, I think you mentioned that it would be nice to break down cities into neighborhoods. It seems that everything is dependent on what is in Google maps. For instance, once time I wrote a story on NYC and typed in the zip code for the subject I was writing about and when I posted the story is said “Bowling Green, NY.” I assume that is a community or neighborhood in NYC that must have its own zip code? Likewise, today I wrote a story on a sculpture in Love Park in Philadelphia and used the associated zip code, but when the story posted it says, “Middle City East” instead of Philadelphia.  The system is definitely not perfect.

From the comments, it sounds like people are okay with the zip method as long as the stories are legitimate and provide useful content. 

Internationally Known

Re: Where is the rule/consensus for cities that allow >5 stories because of different zip codes?

Thank you Trips4me.  

Internationally Known

Just getting back from a long weekend RV trip to middle of nowhere with no cell or internet. So sorry to hear about your brother, Jeff. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and hope that the day goes as smoothly as can be expected and you are comforted with the memories you have.  Hang in there my friend, our little community here is pulling for you!

Internationally Known

Thank you very much Ed.  This is a tough loss because we were so close.  

Jeff