cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the rule/consensus for cities that allow >5 stories because of different zip codes?

Nationally Recognized

Re: Where is the rule/consensus for cities that allow >5 stories because of different zip codes?

I agree that it would be really nice to be able to break larger cities into neighborhoods, rather than just having the overall city name on the story.

Nationally Recognized

Re: Where is the rule/consensus for cities that allow >5 stories because of different zip codes?

Botticelli - enter the zip code in the location field rather than typing the city name.  

Internationally Known

Up until last month I followed the strict 5 stories per city rule until I saw others using zips (and getting a ton of kudos for it too.) It doesn’t always work, but usually you just type in the zip code and the drop down menu will pop up if it is allowed. I’m going to post a story on NYC now to try it again and will provide instructions.  Botticelli, I might be wrong, but I think you have written the most stories on this site at over 2,500 and if you have never used the zip method and have followed the strict 5 stories rule, that is Impressive. 

Internationally Known

I just posted a story called NYC Lily Pond. First I searched google maps to find the location of the lily pond and looked at the corresponding zip code. Then I typed in the zip code 10282 and "New York, NY 10282, USA" popped up. 

I have also seen people tag a nearby city…personally I think the zip is a better method as it’s more accurate.

Mods will have to chime in if they don’t want us to do this. However, I think this zip method has been going on for a long time, I just figured it out last month.

Internationally Known

Thanks a lot Bumblebun and trips4me!!  

I will try the zip code method soon for NY and maybe a few other larger cities. I have to admit that I used nearby town names for stories over 5 for some places but it was not a lot. 

For the case of a city like Tokyo, as I desribed in another thread, Tokyo is a prefecture (perhaps you can consider it to be equaivalent to county in America?) and there are many cities in Tokyo. I originally maxed out with 5 stories when I used Tokyo as city name, but later I realized that you can do 5 stories for each smaller city in the Tokyo Prefecture. 

Internationally Known

Yeah, I know, 2500+ is a lot. As I wrote in February when I reached the story number 2,000 (

https://www.barclaycardtravel.com/t5/All-Things-Community/Participation-miles-decreasing-as-you-post...), I never thought I would write this many stories. The system was not set for accepting more than 2,000 stories back then, but the mod took care of it and now there are several community members with > 2,000 stories. Let us keep sharing stories, get some insights for future travels and encourage each other.

Internationally Known

The more the merrier.  I’m in pause for right now.  After I’m finished dealing with the unexpected loss of my older brother on the 18th I’ll start again.  My brain can’t think straight to write any stories right now.  I’m still checking in though.  I can do the mindless tasks.  😔

Internationally Known

So sorry to hear of your loss @gefe57 

Internationally Known

So sorry to hear about your brother, Jeff. 

Internationally Known

Thank you Mark.  We say our final good byes tomorrow.  He will always be in my mind and heart just as my mom and dad are.