cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do Commnunity Miles post?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

When do Commnunity Miles post?

Although I've been a Barclays member for years, I recently got into the community to read and post travel stories. Sorry if this was answered already but when do miles post your account? I have my card linked to the Community and have been here since the 1st of November but nothing has posted to my account yet. I though it might happen on my closing date or at the end of th emonth but I'm not seeing anything in my card activity section relating to Participation Miles as it says it should. Is something amiss?

14 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: When do Commnunity Miles post?

Miles transfer to your card on the 1st of the month. If the 1st falls on a weekend, there is a good chance that the transfer won't happen until the following Monday or Tuesday. I have received my November miles without issue (I think they posted sometime on Monday?), so if you didn't get any miles yet from your November activity, you might want to send an e-mail to the mods.

Stately Explorer

Thanks for letting me know. Where do I send an email to the Mods?

Internationally Known

Their e-mail is BarclaycardTravel@barclaycardus.com, but there is a good chance they will respond on here, too.

Stately Explorer

Thanks for passing that email along. Cheers.

Stately Explorer

Also, do the miles reset to zero when they've posted?

Internationally Known

Do you mean the "Your Community Miles" section on your profile? It shouldn't. That is a running total of everything you've earned from the community to date.

Stately Explorer

Ok, good to know. I am new at this so I did not know if they reset or just keep adding as a running total. So as long as I don't see Participation Miles shown on my Barclays Card activity, they haven't transferred over yet, right?

Internationally Known

You'll see a line on your statement under the "Miles Details" section that says "Participational Miles." Has your December statement posted yet? If not, you probably won't know that they've transferred unless you were monitoring your point total closely.

Internationally Known

Best I can tell how it works... after the 1st you can go online into the "Rewards and Benefits Center". It will show you current miles available and miles earned since last statement. Current miles available should be higher than miles posted on previous statement (right now the 11/21 statement, at least in my case). The miles earned should be the total of miles of purchases since 11/21 PLUS  story participation miles from entire month of November.  - it won't show breakdown of purchases & participation miles until 12/21 statement. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!