cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are these spams ?

Internationally Known

What are these spams ?

We often see our community and the discussion boards getting flooded with spams. I really appreciate the quick work by the tech team in removing these garbage. But, I was really wondering what are all these advertisements? The automatic translation by my chrome browser suggests that someone is trying to sell fake university degrees from the US and Canadian Universities. I am sure moderators have contacted the authorities to report against these criminals who are not only hacking a bank's website (though it is not hosted by the bank it is part of them nonetheless with all our credit card information) but also trying to sell fake university transcripts online.

2 Replies
Community Manager

Re:

Hi @parkhopper

Thank you for your feedback and questions. We have moderation teams in place to ensure all information on the site is relevant. We have seen an increase in spam posts and we are working to make changes to create additional steps in the registration and posting process to help reduce the level of spam via bot activity.

We will continue to monitor and moderate spam posts as quickly as possible. Thank you again for your feedback!

Internationally Known

Re: What are these spams ?

I noticed this evening that the spam seems to have returned. I have reported it.