cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading Photos Turns Them Sideways or Upside Down

Highlighted
County Wise

Uploading Photos Turns Them Sideways or Upside Down

Ok so I am pretty new here as of about three weeks ago, but I have been quite busy in the travel community. I have run into an interesting issue. Every time or most of the time that I upload an image for a post or story they seem to load sideways or even upside down! Anyone having this same issue? I tried rotating it in my own editor so that it was sideways when loaded or even upside down to see if that made a difference, but nothing seems to work! Bring on the suggestions?! :)

3 Replies
County Wise

Re: Uploading Photos Turns Them Sideways or Upside Down

Well, I am the first and maybe the only person to respond to my own discussion post lol, but happy to say the solution is found. It takes a bit more work, but not too much. Yes, happy day I just opened the image in paint and then saved it without doing a thing back on my desktop and then uploaded it here and it uploaded fine! So weird!

Nationally Recognized

I definitely have the same issue! It can be frustrating. I haven't found out why exactly but sometimes I just have to save another version of the photo and it will load right side up. However, for the sideways fix, I noticed that if I try to upload a photo thats too tall vertical wise, it will automatically post it sideways. I have to end up cropping it so its more of a square or "widescreen" formatted. Hope this helps! 

County Wise

I used to have this issue as well. After a few failed attempts, I went old school and started running my photographs through Microsoft Paint (Welcome back, 1998) to fix the problem.

Simply open your photograph in Microsoft Paint, reorient it if needed, and then click save. You can then upload the photograph to this website. I have had the same problem on a few other websites, so I have gotten into the habit of running my photographs through Paint automatically.